Slow Download Rate on Steam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow Download Rate on Steam

Have had this problem for a while now on several different internet connections.

My current connection speed is not the greatest, 5 down 1 up, but I'm only getting between 20-50kb/sec through Steam. Through three different browsers and two other digital gaming providers I can achieve 500kb-1.2mb DL rates.

I've tried a few fixes like changing DL region, connection speed in settings, firewall, etc. after Googling, and perusing Steam forum posts about the same problem with no help.

Anyone else have this issue and been able to get it fixed? I'm having to re-download ARMA and am currently on day 5 and only 80% and my backed-up game files are on a key drive 500 miles away. My poor Dayz character is thirsting and starving in the neither-world right now.

Re: Slow Download Rate on Steam

I had that issue a while back, I went through many DL regions and found some to be faster, that is all I could do really, try some EU regions where the time is between midnight and 6am EU time, less people on hogging bandwidth.

Comment

Tried it a few times, currently set to Malaysia...no improvement.

Comment

Try countries with faster internet speeds.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/1...title=1__South

Comment

Firewall? Peer blocker? Might have some ports or IPs being blocked.

Also, set Steam to a faster setting. I believe it self-regulates speed so it doesn't capitalize bandwidth.

Comment

Thanks but tried all that. Finally got A2 downloaded and now halfway through OA. Maybe by next week I can finally see some action with that DMR I've got in DayZ.

Comment

I'm in Thailand.I think it fast.Ghost Recon : FS I use 4 Hours to download it.Do you think it slow???

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X