Laptop Cooling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laptop Cooling

I am running BF2 on a laptop and I noticed when it gets hot, the game starts to lag a lil bit (im assuming its a safety check as the power of cpu/video is reduced). I am going to perform a popular mod on my video card and place arctic silver on my cpu. Currently its a 1.6 M, with 512 ram, and 128mb 9600 pro. Does anyone have a laptop cooling pad that they recommend?

Re: Laptop Cooling

Not sure about any specifc ooling for laptops, but I did used to use a laptop that ran hot and would step down the CPU.

I discovered that in essence the ventilation grille on the side of the laptop was inadequate. On anything other than a hard surface (and this _is_ a 'lap'top) the vents got partially occluded AND the surface would not convect heat away from the bottom of the pc as efectivley as a hard surface.

I discovered that all I had to do was find something small-ish, that I could use to place under the back of the laptop that raised it to a slight angle. This let air flow through vents and avoid the 'warming' effect of sitting on a softish surface.

heating problem fixed.. no more stepping of my cpu or burning legs / arms / hands when pciking up case.

Comment

Google. I think i once heard of something for cooling an overheated laptop that sits under it with extra fans or something but i'm not shure so don't quote me.

---

Comment

all the office supply stores carry this thing... its 30.00 and is just a flat surface with fans and legs......

http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/st...oductId=101316

http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/st...DP401:CL142670
        Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
        The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X