Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i think my monitor is causing connection problems....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i think my monitor is causing connection problems....

ok... just got a LG ultra slim flatron. it is 17" of sexyness. but since plugging it in, EVERY game i have joined has connection problems. may of them recover, but i get booted 25% of the time as well. no other computer on my network is having a problem, and it just pisses me of to no end. any suggestions? im running the latest drivers, i have no idea what could be up.

the only reason it could be my montior is because its the only thing thats been changed...

also of note, allot of the time, voip cuts in and out... you think if my connection was tanking that would be the first to go...
    |TG-Irr|Legato

Re: i think my monitor is causing connection problems....

Might be completely unrelated but....

I have an LG Flatron and never had any problems with it, except when I hooked it up to my linux box once. The USB driver kept reporting that something was drawing too much current and reseting itself causing all kinds of crap to get confused, I wasn't using the usb hub on my monitor so I disconnected the usb cable and the problems went away. So, dunno, complete shot in the dark there.

Have you changed your video settings since you got the monitor? I seen discussions about bf2 refresh rate finickiness. Also, sometimes the shaders don't get updated when they should, so I guess try tinkering with the video settings.
    --

Comment

Maybe this will help u troubleshoot
      WARNING for language:
      http://images5.theimagehosting.com/pic0715.jpg
      Just kidding :)

Does your vid card have an option like this? Hope this helps
      Last edited by CingularDuality; 08-11-2005, 12:51 PM. Reason: Image not appropriate for TacticalGamer forums
      Warcriminal
      chillin n' killin wit authoritaaaaa!!

Comment

The monitor itself could not be causing you any issues. It is only a display device. There is no way it can interfere with your hardware.

That being said, if your monitor has drivers installed OR connected through USB, that could cause issues. Try removing the monitor drivers and or the USB connection. Monitors don't require to be installed on a computer to work..it's usually just for extra features.
        Telorn

Comment

or during install, you loosened the ethernet cable, either in the socket, or the wire from the end.....
          Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
          The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X