[Specs] My new rig!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Specs] My new rig!

SOO I have finally put together my dream rig. Well, almost. I'm finally going to be at the point where I break through to "High-End" gaming rig.

I just bought the last set of parts, and when they arrive I will have built it. This will be the complete list of specs when it's built.

Cooler Master Silent Pro 100w PSU
    Intel i7 3770k Ivy Bridge CPU (3.4 stock, 3.9 boost)
    Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus CPU Heatsink
    8gb G.Skill Ripjaw Series RAM
    ASUS P8Z77-V LK Z77 Motherboard
    LIAN LI Lancool Case
    eVGA GTX 670 FTW Edition GPU.

Currently I'm running it on a 26" TV through HDMI, as well as my 21" secondary monitor. I still want more (oh the horror) so I'm looking to get another 670 FTW to SLI and a OCz Vertex 4 128gb.

So, what do you think? :)

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein

Re: [Specs] My new rig!

One question: why do that?

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
      One question: why do that?
      Because he can. =)

Anyways, have fun with the new rig. I've still got some upgrades to do to mine (like Crossfire my 7970 with another when I get the cash to purchase another one). Here's the big one:POST SOME PICTURES!!!

Comment

Plus you should do some bench marks...

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

It's just purchased, and hasn't arrived yet. I was so excited I figured I would post it up before I put it together.

I will be sure to put up pictures and benchmarks when I get it together though!

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein

Comment

Get the SSD first if you don't already have one. I cant live without SSD's any more. They are just so damn fast.

Get some pictures up once your receive all your boxes of goodies.

Comment

I was so close to getting the SSD this time around, but then decided to put it off last minute. Definitely going to get that next though.

Comment

I agree with Canada2005. I feel no build is complete unless it has an SSD. I run 3 of them in my rig. They're too badass.

Comment

Oh believe me. It's my next purchase. I have enough cash, but I will feel too guilty making another geek-purchase so soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Toptonic - Butler View Post
                    but I will feel too guilty making another geek-purchase so soon.
                    I didn't even know that was possible.

Comment

When you're 18 years old making just a tiny bit over minimum wage, and can see your car insurance payment creeping around the corner... oh it's possible.

On a side note, I've split between water cooling and an SSD. If I can't get my current CM 212 to fit i'll go with water cooling. Otherwise SSD.

Comment

Originally posted by Toptonic - Butler View Post
                        When you're 18 years old making just a tiny bit over minimum wage, and can see your car insurance payment creeping around the corner... oh it's possible.

On a side note, I've split between water cooling and an SSD. If I can't get my current CM 212 to fit i'll go with water cooling. Otherwise SSD.
                        Heh, if you have guilt over an SSD then water cooling might give you a heart attack. Ask Canada how much his cost. I priced one out for my rig and to do the CPU and 2 GPUs it was nearly $700.

Edit: Just thought about it, and a 'DUH' moment hit me that you're probably referring to a closed loop CPU cooler. A Corsair H80 will run you about $100, and it's a thicker radiator than the H60/70/100. Word of mouth is it puts about the same amount of cooling as the H100, so that's my suggestion. Not to mention it's just 120mm, so you can put it in the exhaust port and that'll save some room in the case. I have the H100 with push/pull fans and it takes a decent amount of space considering I have a Cooler Master HAF932. I'm about to put some updated pictures of my rig up in the "show it off" thread.

Comment

haha! Yes ofcourse. Thanks for the tips, I'll have look into it.

I just got this rig built. Most difficult build I've ever had... Nevertheless, I will take some photos when I get it into better light. I have benchmarked heaven and I got 10 FPS more than I did with my old rig, which is quite a bit considering I didn't switch GPU's.

EDIT: in ArmA, with full settings on fallujah (which used to be my lowest FPS map) I now get a full 60 FPS while recording to the same drive.

I'm in heaven, especially for someone who LOVES to stream and record.
                          Last edited by Toptonic - Butler; 07-10-2012, 06:32 AM.

Comment

Very perfect your post is! I just read articles of other's before, and this time I am pondering your words seriously. It is my appreciation to learn from you something.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X