CPU cooler question......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPU cooler question......

What is the difference between the corsair h80 and the thermaltake water 2.0 pro?

Re: CPU cooler question......

At the moment larger cooling surface, pwm fans, and rubber tubing. Mounting looks a little more finicky than the H80 especially for the cpu block portion.

TT Water 2.0 Radiator: 149.9x119.9x48.8 mm
    Corsair H80 Radiator: 120mm x 152mm x 38mm

Overall all I would say that the H80 is a more mature product and has been proven in the OC arena. However I wouldn't dismiss the TT Water 2.0 Pro completely without at least seeing a couple good review sites giving us some idea. As far as price it seems pretty close, +/- $2 where ever you look.
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks DeF..... they are so close in price that is why i was asking as i am behind on all the tech stuff as i have been out of the building pc's for about 7-9 years now. just in a slow crawling process of building a new rig and buying piece by piece and want to get a good cooler for the cpu to last me awhile. Only other thing i saw that TT 2.0 had over h80 was more compatible with all of the cpu's out as the h80 didn't say as many cpu's.

Comment

Originally posted by QuickShotSims View Post
        Thanks DeF..... they are so close in price that is why i was asking as i am behind on all the tech stuff as i have been out of the building pc's for about 7-9 years now. just in a slow crawling process of building a new rig and buying piece by piece and want to get a good cooler for the cpu to last me awhile. Only other thing i saw that TT 2.0 had over h80 was more compatible with all of the cpu's out as the h80 didn't say as many cpu's.
        TT Water 2.0 Pro
        Intel: LGA2011, LGA1366, LGA1156, LGA1155,
        AMD: FM1, AM3+, AM3, AM2+, AM2

Corsair H80
        AMD AM2, AMD AM3, Intel LGA 1155, Intel LGA 1156, Intel LGA 1366, Intel LGA 2011, Intel LGA 775

As a note both should probably fit more than those listed as the brackets are fairly universal and in general if you're buying a new CPU you're going to be just fine.
        sigpic

Comment

RGR....thanks DeF

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed