X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyborg R.A.T. 7 precision aim problem

[Thread Prefix: OPEN]

Title: Cyborg R.A.T. 7 precision aim problem

Hi, I've got myself a new mouse and it's pretty good but I have one problem.

Description:

The precision aiming button seems to do nothing.
    In the driver software I can adjust the speed but when I press the button nothing happens.
    I heard that this was a software problem and that its fixable but I don't know how
    I hope sb can help me with that.

Re: Cyborg R.A.T. 7 precision aim problem

Hm, I still need help...

Comment

From the looks of the amount of responses I'd get with Cyborg's tech reps. I know nothing about their products (except they look crazy), I've only used Razer and Logitech.

Comment

Well the mouse is actually pretty amazing and despite that its suprisingly comfortable.

Comment

I'm with mange, I don't know much about the Cyborg line of mice (beyond their published stuff). With the precision aim button, is it a toggle or a hold type? What game(s) are you trying to use it in? Is it only tied to certain gaming profiles? Are those profiles active in the games you play?
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I'd use it mostly for Counter Strike and it's a hold type (the button should lower the DPI so you can aim more accurate).
            About the profiles I'm not quite sure, but I think it should work with the drivers installed even if no profile is activated but it doesn't.
            At the Cyborg gaming page there's nothing in the FAQs or forums about the button so I think there aren't many people with my problem.
            I've already found two guys who have apparently solved that problem but they don't seem to be very active here since both of them couldn't help (or didn't even answer me) until now.

Comment

Since you bought the product, I'd assume Saitek has a toll-free support number you could call so you can talk to a tech who could help you with the problem?
              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
              TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
              Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
              Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

so did anyone find out what the issue was or fix this problem cause i have the same thing happening except its both the thumb wheel and the precision aim button

Comment

I have a RAT 5. Have you got both the latest drivers installed (available from Saitek site) and the application software for actually setting up the various mouse functions/macro's ? I think the precision aiming button is set to a fairly weak setting by default. Depending on what game you are playing, weapon in the game, etc, you may have to go into the mouse profile software and adjust the precision aim slider to something that will be more noticeable when you hold down precision aim. Took me ages to get used to it. Seemed kind of gimmicky at first but once set up correctly it really make a difference esp. with sniper rifles and so forth.
                  Commandante Poet-Soldier -{[Another-World-Is-Possible]}-

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X