My 2 gigs of 3200 memory came in

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 2 gigs of 3200 memory came in

Looks like I know what I am doing as soon as I get home. I should be able to record videos at medium to high settings, so get ready for some more videos from myself in the next week or so.
    [age-c1][gchq-c1][support]
    TG-1st MIP(Currently Retired)

Re: My 2 gigs of 3200 memory came in

If you can't run on high you should kick your comp in the :icon34:ss and tell it, it better start pulling its weight around here or it's going to find itself on the streets!
    Telorn

Comment

Hahah, yeah, but being able to run at all high settings and being able to record at the same time is two different stories.

Comment

good news AV,

hoping to provide some good material for your next movie at 1stMIP practice on Tue...

Comment

Oh yes, I will get some good footage of practice etc.

Comment

Can't wait antivisual. Start recording.
            When I get home people'll ask me, "Hey, why do ya do it man? Why? Just some war junkie?" Ya know what I'll say? I won't say a goddamn word. Why? They won't understand. They won't understand why we do it. They won't understand that it's about the men next to you, and that's it. That's all it is.

Comment

Just to be sure, for my dual channel to work. Do I put them in the 2 blue slots here?

Comment

Bleh, I hopped in with my 2GB and I am still getting only like 30 fps a sec with a small stutter when lots is going on. I think I need to do some video tweaking still, but my videos may have to be run on low/medium settings. Although, my computer is flying pretty hard with everything else I am doing.

Comment

My dual channel ASUS board is either the two blue slots (which are 2 and 3 on my mobo) or the first and third slot. (but not the first and second slot). Go figure.
                  a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
                  Celibacy is not Hereditary.
                  Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
                  Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
                  Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Yeah, I did the 2 blue slots, but I am really surprised at how low my fps is with an x800xt and 2 gb of ram. I also have a 3200+ AMD. So, not quite sure why I am not getting better fps, but I am going to tweak some settings. Everything else on my computer is flying off the hinges though.

Comment

I have the same computer as you. Same processor, same motherboard...

Exact same except I have X850xt PE, and 2 512 (in the dual data rate) sticks and one 1 gig stick in the blackslot.

I play at 1600x1200 with all settings high except for lighting and shadows on medium.

I rock at about 60fps. With my iron sights on it goes to 30 and STAYS there. I don't know why. I don't get ANY of the stutter I used to get with one gig though.

Comment

Originally posted by AntiVisual
                        Just to be sure, for my dual channel to work. Do I put them in the 2 blue slots here?

Try... say... THE MANUAL! :P It kind of varies depending on your motherboard.

---

Comment

Originally posted by CeeKay
                          I have the same computer as you. Same processor, same motherboard...

Exact same except I have X850xt PE, and 2 512 (in the dual data rate) sticks and one 1 gig stick in the blackslot.

I play at 1600x1200 with all settings high except for lighting and shadows on medium.

I rock at about 60fps. With my iron sights on it goes to 30 and STAYS there. I don't know why. I don't get ANY of the stutter I used to get with one gig though.
                          People were telling me that having that extra slot filled messed up the DC, but after reading up more on it, I think they are wrong. I am running fine, mine was on all high and I was getting about 30 in hard action. My prob is I need to record using fraps. So I run on medium and get about 60-70 constantly. So, it sounds about right up with yours. I thoguht it was on medium when I was getting 30 fps in combat which was confusing the hell out of me haha.

Comment

Don't forget to run memtest86+ on your new memory so you can RMA it if there's a problem.

http://www.memtest.org/

Comment

Originally posted by AntiVisual
                              Bleh, I hopped in with my 2GB and I am still getting only like 30 fps a sec with a small stutter when lots is going on. I think I need to do some video tweaking still, but my videos may have to be run on low/medium settings. Although, my computer is flying pretty hard with everything else I am doing.
                              What resolution are you running at? I got everything on High and Medium and stuff at 1024 and getting around 60

BF2 Name: Thez(NL)
                              BF2142 Names:
                              Thierry(NL) (Sniper)
                              Dikkiedik(NL) (Assault)
                              Kittekat(NL) (Engineer)
                              Dimi(NL) (Support)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement