Keyboard or game pad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keyboard or game pad

Like the title says.... was just wondering what everyone uses?

I tried the game pad (g13) last night and wasn't doing that good (7k/28d). Tried the keyboard (g510) and went 28k/31d without setting up any of my G keys just the factory settings on everything.....

So i assume if i set up my G keys and memorized them, i could do decent. Only reason i picked up a g13 was cause i thought the thumb joystick would be easier to move around the map.....but i am guessing not now that i saw the difference in play.

So before i make a final call on either keeping or selling the g13, wanted to hear how you guys play....

thanks

Re: Keyboard or game pad

What's the "7k/28d" and "28k/31d"?

Personally, I've always stuck with keyboards. I always view those gamepads as an extra add-on accessories that of in itself usually for a good one costs as much as nice gaming keyboard. With that said, the few times I have played on a gamepad (older Saitek, Wolf, etc and mostly shooters), I've done worse overall than on a keyboard. My main gripe is the positioning of the WASD keys and the CTRL and Spacebar. Often times CTRL and Space tend to be a bit more scrunched together or the spacebar is never wide enough for my tastes.

So, like you have, try it and see what you like or don't like and decide if the gamepad is worth the extra cost or if a gaming keyboard is better.

Ironically, I just got my Logitech G110 yesterday and was just pondering on why the G macro keys are so far away from the main keyboard. I would have thought some sort of dual-function for the main keyboard keys to also function as macro-programmable keys (with some 2-3 key combo to activate).
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Ergodex. Only thing for this lefty that meets all my needs. Shame the dang company stopped development and I have to rely on open source for drivers. Worried about the day this thing goes kaput.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
        What's the "7k/28d" and "28k/31d"?

7 kills 28 death, then first round with keyboard was 10 kills 7 death then 2nd round was 28kills and 31 death

Comment

I personally like keyboards. Then again, most of the games I play require a full keyboard, but I still would stick to it in games that wouldn't (PR:BF2 and BF3).

Comment

ya the more i play on the keyboard, the better it feels and easier... i just have to find a system that works so i am not looking down at keys all the time and my book (where i wrote down key binds) to figure out what is what. lol

Comment

I never got into gamepads because they dont have all the keys..for me to rage type at peole in all caps. "&$?/%#+ HACKER &$^{%=|!!!!1!!"

Something like that. :D
              sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Originally posted by gijoe View Post
                I never got into gamepads because they dont have all the keys..for me to rage type at peole in all caps. "&$?/%#+ HACKER &$^{%=|!!!!1!!"

LMAO nice

Comment

I picked up the n52e for belkin/razer real cheap ($20-$25) a few months back. I wanted a mechanical keyboard but this was so cheap I thought I would try it out. There was a little bit of a learning curve but I now find for games like bf3 where I don't need the whole.keyboard it is a nice space saver and I am just as good if not better with the layout.
                  I haven't played with the g13 so I can't compare the experience.
                  sigpic

Comment

i guess i could map the keys out for movement instead of the thumb stick and that would probably help, but i think i will stick to the keyboard and sell my g13 as i am getting use to the keyboard now

Comment

Originally posted by gijoe View Post

Oh man, I cracked up so hard. Let me guess, you tell them they have to hack because they don't have a 3930K? That they got for a couple of hundred bucks? By the way, still hate you for that. :P

So this is gijoe when he finally kills a hacker:
                      [/QUOTE]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...