Problem having now and need help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem having now and need help

Last night i was running BF3 and TS3 and all was good, then all of a sudden my screen went blue with a bunch of writing then rebooted into safe mode. It went to quick for me to read what it was doing. Played after it rebooted into normal mode and all was good. Now today when i run TS3 and BF3 it keeps freezing and/or i get a message saying bf3 had a problem and windows is shutting it down and will let me know if it finds a solution. If i don't have TS going it played 2 rounds no problem. So i uninstalled TS and reinstalled it and got through 1 round and that all was great, then boom same thing again....do you think i need to uninstall BF3 or is it something else you think? im checking drivers as i type this but would be weird if it just stopped after working all week no problems.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Re: Problem having now and need help

ok so from what i know of what to do and let windows do.... Memory managment...... my computer is having a memory problem it says.....

Now is this my ram or something like virtual memory? is there a free program out there to test my ram and if virtual memory is there a way for me to boost that? thanks

Comment

Could be any number of things, sadly. Could be a stick of RAM going bad (I had that exact set of symptoms happen due to that before), could be heat issues. Try Memtest86+ for the memory test. You'll need to either burn it to CD or make a bootable USB stick if your computer supports booting from USB. Then reboot with it in the drive/USB port, and let it run for a while.

Who needs a life when you can have a heavy bolter?
      --BlackMirror
      <23:03:38> "|TG|Smachin<BF Admin>" was kicked from the server by "|TG-70th| Zhohar" (UNDERAGE ban.)
      Anything over $600, and it would be pointless to try and reason with Grandma
      --Blackraven93

Comment

Originally posted by Cheburash View Post
        Could be any number of things, sadly. Could be a stick of RAM going bad (I had that exact set of symptoms happen due to that before), could be heat issues. Try Memtest86+ for the memory test.

I watch my temps pretty closely and my board/ram/cpu and stuff never gets past 37*C after a 2.5 hour gaming session..... I will d/l memtest right now and give that a go.....hopefully it tells me the problem

8gigs should be plenty of ram to run and games or general computer task's correct?

im running Patriot division 2 viper extreme 1600mhz ram anyone hear good or bad about it? also what ram anyone suggest..... if i have a bad stick, i will have to go out and get more ram and send it away for warranty and add back in after it gets back to me.

Comment

I'm not familiar with the brand, but even the most well-reputed brands do fail once in a while. The sort of failure you describe is very similar to what I had when a stick of RAM went bad on me. 8GB should be plenty for regular gaming, but if you have no problems until your machine is under load, you may be just hitting that bad chip once in a while, which causes your computer to bluescreen.

Let us know how the memtest results look. Hopefully that'll identify the issue.

--BlackMirror
          <23:03:38> "|TG|Smachin<BF Admin>" was kicked from the server by "|TG-70th| Zhohar" (UNDERAGE ban.)
          --Blackraven93

Comment

I also not sure if i get a higher mhz ram while i send mine away, will the higher mhz ram clock down to the 1600mhz like the sdram did? also does it matter if i have a 8-9-8-24 and goto 9-9-9-24 or higher (or is lower better) will it make a difference or not if i add it with the ram i have now? if this makes any sense lol it did in my head anyways lol

Comment

What board do you have?

--BlackMirror
              --Blackraven93

Comment

i have a asus sabertooth z77 chipset.

memtest86+ has gone through the first 2084mb and there are a lot of red codes.... i assume that is not good.....so guess it will be getting sent back to patriot for warranty....

Comment

so i went and grabbed kingston hyperX 8gb kit while my other 8gb kit gets tested at local shop....then i can either get it replaced or they will refund me the $ i just spent on the kingston kit i just bought.... so i am happy with that as long as i have no more issues lol

Will try running all the same programs again and see if i have same issues or not. thanks for the replies

Comment

Hmm, I'm surprised your Patriot RAM had issues. It's a major brand of RAM like Corsair, G.Skill, Kingston, etc.

As for timings, you typically want to go with the lower timings as it'll help in demanding games though not significantly, it still helps.
                    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

thx man...... I picked up 8 gigs of kingston ram and taking my patriot ram in on tuesday for them to test it. Memtest showed a crap load of errors.

Put in new ram last night and works with no problems again. They said once they are done testing, they will either give me new ram or give me money back for the ram i just bought.

Comment

Just take the money. Those Kingstons are really nice for the $40 I'd assume you paid for them. Your particular Patriot RAM probably cost more than the Kingston HyperX.

Cheb's right, if memtest86+ spit out errors, RAM's most likely to blame. Usually if the new RAM also causes problems, then the mobo would need to be replaced.
                        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

ya it was $50 here in canada..... so i will end up taking the $$ as i need to save any little bit i can since school starts tomorrow....

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X