laptop spec opinion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• laptop spec opinion

I'm in the market to buy a new laptop. Im leaning towards ibuypowers' c13 Batallion 101 laptop, with 8gb memory. My primary concerns include:
    Poor customer service reviews
    It's a 1 year old laptop
    There's a distinct lack of reviews for that model

I am looking forward to playing Heart of the Swarm, Dishonored, and Deus Ex 3. I don't mind playing on low settings, as long as the framerate is perfect. I don't record videos.

I would appreciate comments on ibuypower, c-13, and suggestions for affordable laptops.

Here's a link to c-13
    http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Labor_Day_CZ-13_Laptop_Special
    Last edited by Fruvous; 09-02-2012, 05:15 PM.
    Without teamwork, you'll never survive.
    Without betrayal you'll never win.

Re: laptop spec opinion

does not look all that bad but you should get 7 64 Professional or above... There are some really stupid problems with accessing certain networks and crap when you use home premium. I hear from the tech guys on campus often how they hate the freshman season because of the huge number of complaints coming in about the network issue... I guess it is something caused by a deactivated feature in premium...

Like I said, that does not look bad at all...

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

I've had an ibuypower before. Good laptops, mine lasted about 2 1/2 years before I decided to upgrade. And my upgrade laptop was stolen, so I have a Toshiba for internet surfing now since I have a desktop and do little to no traveling.

Comment

iBuyPower have always had fairly decent to poor customer service. It's almost a non-issue since most who buy from there are usually geeks and most of their laptops are well built and last (obviously it won't if you intend on throwing it down a flight of stairs).

Given the 650M graphics, you'll be playing most of those titles at medium or higher settings.
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

It should keep you going for a couple of years. Keep good care of it and you may keep it even longer...

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Thanks for all the help! I decided to go with it.
            Didn't know that about Windows 7 Home. Thankfully, I can get Pro for free :)

Comment

Fruv, does this mean we will see you more, not counting school of course?

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
                It should keep you going for a couple of years. Keep good care of it and you may keep it even longer...
                Very true. At this point mine is over 3 years old and the only reason I don't use it is because the recording is fried. Onboard mic or a headset don't work.

Comment

that calls for a USB sound card or an express slot sound card... I have one of those from Creative and it rocks... Too bad that only one laptop uses an express slot...

Comment

that calls for a USB sound card or an express slot sound card... I have one of those from Creative and it rocks... Too bad that only one laptop uses an express slot...
                    It doesn't matter anymore. I have a desktop that is brutal for gaming and I don't travel anymore, hence little need for a gaming laptop. But thanks for the advice, I'll check it out if I ever need my laptop. It can at least play PR:BF2 and maybe ArmA on low settings. It used to be able to, I haven't turned it on in over 6 months.

Comment

Originally posted by greencores
                      PC spec plz
                      ?

Comment

Fruv, does this mean we will see you more, not counting school of course?
                        Perhaps!
                        I've been playing SpyParty fairly religiously.
                        Well see if the Armored thing in BF 3 reflects battlefield tactics. Unless if there's another game I happened to overlook (cough Planetside cough)

Comment

Originally posted by Fruvous View Post
                          Perhaps!
                          I've been playing SpyParty fairly religiously.
                          Well see if the Armored thing in BF 3 reflects battlefield tactics. Unless if there's another game I happened to overlook (cough Planetside cough)
                          You want to try DayZ when it is released?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X