Forum avatars corrupt?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum avatars corrupt?

My laptop, but not my pc, shows the forum avatars, and only the forum avatars, as corrupt. Every other graphic I can see looks fine, and the avatars look fine on my PC.

Nice huh? Any thoughts?

Re: Forum avatars corrupt?

I have the same thing going on, both at work and at home...strange!
    [volun]

Comment

I bet Luna did it.

Comment

Hey have you reset the jumper settings on the mobo? Sometimes if I have something overclocked and I get greedy the system will lock up like that. Are you getting any beeps when you boot?

Comment

Huh?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

At home, on both the laptop and the PC, the images are fuxored. They are fine at work. :row__635:

Comment

leejo, think you might be mixing up topics ;)

I have my pic and some others (leejo, Mateo) as good. Others corrupt.

I wonder if there is a difference on whether you uploaded an avatar yourself or picked someone else's? THe good ones seem to be the more unique ones that I remember.

Comment

I see everything just fine.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by leejo
                  Hey have you reset the jumper settings on the mobo? Sometimes if I have something overclocked and I get greedy the system will lock up like that. Are you getting any beeps when you boot?
                  Wrong forum. Sheesh.

Comment

Every single avatar is screwed up to me, as well as some of the small jpgs on the front page.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Yeah, the avatars are messed up for me. I haven't seen if they're fine on the laptop. I did reupload my avatar and it's displaying properly again.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

some are messed and others arnt over here, straaange

AKA TG Xink | http://www.andy-hook.co.uk

Comment

This was probably my fault. I made an error last night doing a test migration to the new version of the forums software and inadvertantly overwrote the production database. I restored from backup, but it is probable that some of the avatars were corrupted during this process.
                          Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

I told you guys this Apophis guy was just going to be trouble.

"Oh noooooo, Wyzcrak. You don't know what you're TALKING about, Wyzcrak!"

Ugh. I'm 20 years ahead of my time.
                            Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

If it shows up fine on one PC and not another, it's most likely an issue with caching.

Solution: upload new version of image then hit F5.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X