What was Razer thinking?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was Razer thinking?

I don't see any recent threads on the Razer Nostromo so I'll just rake up muck in a new thread....

What the heck was Razer thinking????.... The Old Belkin programming interface was a thing of beauty and had all the visual cues that you could want while programming keys. The new Razer interface is flat out horrible. There is no visual indication of the key being pressed as there was in the previous iteration. Why take a perfectly functional piece of software and reduce it to a cludgey confusing mess. Old software... pres a key, see it highlight on your screen. New software.... squint at poor picture of keys, fumble around figuring out which key it is that you want to program, make a mistake or two, give up in disgust, draw a matrix on a piece of paper with the numbers 1-14 and then program in order of use because it's the practical way of doing things. Making subtle changes to a layout is no longer a walk in the park but rather an exercise in frustration (at Razer) for @#$% up a great interface.

/rant off
    LawnDart

The second mouse gets the cheese

Re: What was Razer thinking?

I'm assuming you are talking about a visual map of the keys on the game board? Can you screenshot what the current Razer software mapping looks like?
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

You can see for yourself in the manual.... http://www.razersupport.com/master-g...asterGuide.pdf

If you have the old N52 from Belkin, you know how great the old interface was. It had visual feedback when you pressed a key. Now, you get a dead photograph.

Still, a great product and just as nice as my old Belkin (RIP, you lasted longer than I ever imagined) but the programming interface is an atrocity, now.
      LawnDart

Comment

I've developed the view that Razer is really great at only one thing: Putting glowy logos on things. Everything else rather falls by the wayside.

Who needs a life when you can have a heavy bolter?
        --BlackMirror
        <23:03:38> "|TG|Smachin<BF Admin>" was kicked from the server by "|TG-70th| Zhohar" (UNDERAGE ban.)
        Anything over $600, and it would be pointless to try and reason with Grandma
        --Blackraven93

Comment

I never had any issues with the software when I used it in 09-11, but it looks like it's gotten a bit of a facelift since then.
          Skud

Comment

Face lift?... nah, it got gutted and painted green and black.

It is a great piece of hardware and the quality of the components seems to be as good ever but the software was ruined.
            LawnDart

Comment

You do know that when you hover the mouse over any of the keys in the software that they highlight and you can assign keystrokes to them.

Comment

I bought this and tried it for two days. Ugh. I returned it without regret.

I do use their Naga mouse, for all of the thumb buttons. It helps alot in ARMA 2 gameplay.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

I think I know what you are getting at. You're saying that when you select a key in the left-side drop-down menu that the 2D view of the board doesn't have the "actual" key also light up to match?

(like the Logitech Gaming Software does for the G series of keyboards?)
                  |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                  TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                  Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                  Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Dimitrius View Post
                    I do use their Naga mouse, for all of the thumb buttons. It helps alot in ARMA 2 gameplay.
                    Same here.

I've used Razer products since 2009 and haven't had any of them fall apart or fail. As for this gaming keypad, I don't give a crap. I don't use them as most of the games I play have too many keys to utilize one of these things. You have to have a proper keyboard.

Comment

Hah. And I thought my old Fang was unwieldly..

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
                      <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
                      DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X