wierd SSD issue???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wierd SSD issue???

So I got a shellshocker on a OCZ agility 4 drive this week. I have had good luck with my vertex3 so I decided to buy it. Installed it as a storage drive to play some games off of. Everything went fine, benches pretty darn close to advertised speeds.
    My issue is I use crystaldiskinfo to monitor the health of my drives. It recognizes the drive but does not tell me a health condition, or a temperature. I know the Agility 4 is fairly new, there are no updates for it. So my question is, has anyone ran into this before? should I be concerned?
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Re: wierd SSD issue???

try using a different software to identify the health and temp. I mean there are others...

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

You can get a pretty good listing below:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compari...M.A.R.T._tools

Also I did find something specific to this but I am a little skeptical.

http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/monitor-and-check-health-status-of-ssd-drives-with-ssdlife/
      sigpic

Comment

wierd SSD issue???

So I tried a few others. Still no temp but I did get a few to show me health status.
        "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Crystalmark nor any good hardware monitoring program will not show a temperature for an SSD. No moving parts=virtually no heat. I believe most manufactures don't even bother placing sensors in them.
          sigpic

Former Pathfinder
          Former ARMA Admin
          Former ARMA TGU instructor
          Former TGU Headmaster
          Current Noob
          Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Comment

wierd SSD issue???

Actually any drive with S.M.A.R.T. Should display both. My spin point f3 actually runs 5 degrees cooler than my Vertex 3. That's why I'm posing the question, I don't know any drives today that don't show a temp reading.

Comment

OCZ do not place sensors in their drives. I have a Vertex 4 and I get no reading on it as well.

Edit: also your vertex 3 has no sensor. It displays 30 degrees? That's coded into the firmware and was put in their to enable programs to read the drive correctly.
              sigpic

Former Pathfinder
              Former ARMA Admin
              Former TGU Headmaster
              Current Noob

Comment

Using a program called "hard disk sentinal" it tells me TRIM is not enabled on my SSD's.
                I have done the command prompts to turn it on in win 7 and also confirm the setting.....why on earth is it telling me trim is not enabled? Far as i know there is no way to "disable" trim in the ssd settings themselves. What am I missing?

Comment

Is AHCI enabled in your BIOS for the SATA port? Have you changed the registry value to enable TRIM.

Trim won't be enabled if you installed windows 7 on your boot drive in IDE mode.

This guide is pretty awesome and should help you enable it. http://thessdreview.com/ssd-guides/o...ion-guide-2/2/
                  sigpic

Former Pathfinder
                  Former ARMA Admin
                  Former TGU Headmaster
                  Current Noob

Comment

Yes AHCI is enabled, I went through that tweak guide and 95% I already had.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X