Planetside 2 crash

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planetside 2 crash

Hi everyone, hopefully someone here can help, I did not want to post in the PS2 forum because it gets cluttered :p

So the situation:
    I start the game and it loads fast. I get in game and can play anywhere form 2-20 minutes before the game crashes and comes up with the error "Planetside2.exe has stopped working". I've searched the interwebs and have not found a similar problem.

Few things of background info:
    I recently replaced my 4gb of 1600mhz ram with 12gb (3x4gb) of 1600mhz. My board is tri-channel.
    The day I replaced it, the game also had a patch so it could be either of these things, or neither :p

Specs:
    i7 930 @3.8ghz (stable)
    AMD 6850 OC'd (stable)
    12gb 1600mhz ram
    1tb HDD
    Windows 7 Home

On another note, I will be erasing my harddrive completely soon, so maybe that will fix it with the re-install, I would like ot play in between then and now though :)

Thanks in advance!!

-dill
    |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Re: Planetside 2 crash

Win7 64 or 32 bit? I read on the PS2 tech forums of people's games crashing after 1GB of RAM being used up with 32 bit. Anyways, here's the link to the PS2 tech forums, I say browse through there as you may end up with a working solution.
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...ical-issues.2/
    A lot of people have tried enabling and disabling vsync, some with or without success. Also try running as administrator.

Comment

64-bit
      I will browse and try the suggestions and will post reaults, thank you!
      |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

If the game crashes and your browser opens showing the game error then this site should help you understand the error code.

http://help.station.sony.com/app/ans...ail/a_id/33981

Comment

no site opens :/
          |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Try Checking your firewall and add the game folder as an exclusion in your Anti Virus program.

Comment

crashed twice fidling with v-sync (didnttouch my firewall, have NEVER had a probelm with a program being blocked) but after the second crash i verified game files (nithing outta place) but more importantly, i ran it as administrator and i didnt crash for 45minutes or so so thank you!!!

if it crashes again ill post if i have any more information, thanks again!

- dill
              |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

I'd say it's software problem, nothing to do with your hardware. Usually with new games (especially something like Planetside 2) drivers are to blame. What graphics card do you have dil1lweed1212?
                |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

thats what im assuming too
                  a Gigabyte 6850 (bought gigabyte for the better cooler than the other editions)
                  core clock at 900mhz (default 820)
                  memory clock at 1200mhz (default 1120? i think)
                  fan up high enough to keep the temps down

Computer is being wiped with 7 passes right now, hopefully should clear all problems (and no, i didnt wipe for this problem :p)
                  |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

How much memory does your GPU have? I doubt it could be filling up off of PS2, but you never know.

Comment

1gb of memory, it shoudlnt fill up, never had the problem with any other game.
                      |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Didn't think you would. I'm thinking Acreo has hit this on the head, probably the game itself.

Comment

Originally posted by di1lweed1212 View Post
                          crashed twice fidling with v-sync (didnttouch my firewall, have NEVER had a probelm with a program being blocked) but after the second crash i verified game files (nithing outta place) but more importantly, i ran it as administrator and i didnt crash for 45minutes or so so thank you!!!

if it crashes again ill post if i have any more information, thanks again!

- dill
                          I have never had issues with games being block either, but with PS2 I have to turn off my firewall to play. Otherwise, it crashes after loading the map.
                          Viking

Comment

After. busy coulle of weeks I got around to talking with support. Tha game thinks that I am running PhyX and showed i had installed the driver, when in fact I didnt. I found the troublesome PhyX files and deleted them. It didnt fix it, so I ended uo fiddling around with v-sync, ambient Occlusion and motion blur and left them all off, and i played for a good 2-3 hours today with no problem so i would call it fixed for now :) I know many other people started crashing after the last patch too. Thanks again everyone!
                            |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Originally posted by di1lweed1212 View Post
                              After. busy coulle of weeks I got around to talking with support. Tha game thinks that I am running PhyX and showed i had installed the driver, when in fact I didnt. I found the troublesome PhyX files and deleted them. It didnt fix it, so I ended uo fiddling around with v-sync, ambient Occlusion and motion blur and left them all off, and i played for a good 2-3 hours today with no problem so i would call it fixed for now :) I know many other people started crashing after the last patch too. Thanks again everyone!
                              Could you please tell me what files you deleted?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X