cleaning up my desktop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cleaning up my desktop

So I'm looking to tidy things up a bit and loose all the launch icons. Is there a program or app out there that kinda puts all my desktop icons in one place and lets me scroll through them and select what I want? I need some "cool" ideas.
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Re: cleaning up my desktop

I've just disabled all desktop icons and customized my taskbar and start menu so all my important/most used programs are pinned there. Works best with small icons.
    |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

Originally posted by FBmantis View Post
      I've just disabled all desktop icons and customized my taskbar and start menu so all my important/most used programs are pinned there. Works best with small icons.
      Wait. . . . You can do that?
      Lol i never knew that was possible.
      "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

As FB said, just remove all icons. It's amazing how quickly your desktop gets clean. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Ven View Post
          Wait. . . . You can do that?
          Lol i never knew that was possible.
          My desktop : https://www.dropbox.com/s/mobq7cpb3w...esktop9-29.jpg
          |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

CCleaner has a desktop cleanup function. Me, I just uncheck the "add shortcut to desktop" option whenever it's offered or delete the blasted things if they're installed silently.

Now, for a magical way to bash in the head of whoever developed the Win 7 usability nightmare of start menu...

Who needs a life when you can have a heavy bolter?
            --BlackMirror
            <23:03:38> "|TG|Smachin<BF Admin>" was kicked from the server by "|TG-70th| Zhohar" (UNDERAGE ban.)
            Anything over $600, and it would be pointless to try and reason with Grandma
            --Blackraven93

Comment

I use a combination of Fences, Rainmeter, quick launch and pinning. I used RocketDock for a while but I'm just not a fan.
              sigpic

Comment

I've been reliant on a nifty little jumplist launcher called 7stacks: http://alastria.com/software/7stacks/ Think quick launch toolbar but with the ability to choose your own icon and sort into folders (along with other customization options).
                |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

There's a near-magical utility for OS X called Quicksilver. It's wholly keyboard-driven and incredibly powerful. I pretty much never have to lift my hands off the keyboard while I'm on a mac.

I've been looking for a Windows equivalent for years now. Does anyone know of one?

Who needs a life when you can have a heavy bolter?
                  --BlackMirror
                  <23:03:38> "|TG|Smachin<BF Admin>" was kicked from the server by "|TG-70th| Zhohar" (UNDERAGE ban.)
                  Anything over $600, and it would be pointless to try and reason with Grandma
                  --Blackraven93

Comment

cleaning up my desktop

Originally posted by DeF View Post
                    I use a combination of Fences, Rainmeter, quick launch and pinning. I used RocketDock for a while but I'm just not a fan.
                    I've played with rainmeter once. It's horrible design and lack of instruction of any sort made me stop trying to figure it out after an hour

Comment

cleaning up my desktop

Fences was exactly what I was looking for. Good call!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X