LCD Monitor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LCD Monitor

I need an LCD monitor for gaming and have been considering the Samsung 191T+, I have heard very good feedback on the 191T which has been discontinued. What does anyone think of this choice or would you suggest another? I have a DVI connector on my video card so I want a DVI monitor.

I don't know much about that model, but I know and love Viewsonics. I recently scored a Viewsonic VP171b as my "gaming" LCD, and it does not disappoint, in any category. $500 or so. Has 2 RGB and one DVI input.

Make sure whatever you buy has a 17ms or faster pixel response time. That's basically how fast it can change from light to dark or vice-versa. If you nab a 25ms or slower one, you'll see obvious "ghosting" in your games. I also recommand against buying a 19-inch unless it can do 1600x1200. You can get 1280x1024 in a 17", so on a 19" the same image is larger, and runs the risk of appearing "aliased". That's a matter of taste though, some prefer the larger image anyways.
    "Hardly used" will not fetch a better price for your brain.

Comment

Samsung are just starting to sell the 1x2 range.... ie 172, 182, 192......

have a look around.

and Verbose is right, 1280x1024 on the 191t is alittle aliased... or blockly since each pixel is bigger...one day someone will make an affordable 19inch TFT @ 1600x1200 :o
      From Adam Webb

Comment

Or buy a killer 21" or 22" CRT and get BETTER resolution, BETTER refresh rate, BETTER color quality and pay much, much less.

Buy Sony, Hitatchi or NEC.

Comment

I have a 21" Sony E540 (best monitor I have owned $499) I also have a NEC FE950+. Then NEC is pretty good, but doesnt compare to my Sony

Comment

shudders..... i hated my heater, oh sorry, CRT you call them
            From Adam Webb

Comment

Originally posted by Spectre
              Or buy a killer 21" or 22" CRT and get BETTER resolution, BETTER refresh rate, BETTER color quality and pay much, much less.

Buy Sony, Hitatchi or NEC.
              My Viewsonic PF795 19" CRT is nothing to sneeze at, but I find the LCD far easier on my eyes, especially when reading text. Plus, You can't beat the desk footprint of an LCD.

Comment

CGW seems to like the 17 inch Liyama AS4315UT (high end, $600) or the 15 inch Samsung 152T (budget, $350).

Hope that helps.

Comment

I'm upgrading from a 19 inch Viewsonic A90f+ UltraBtite. We got new 17 inch Dell LCD's at work and love mine. I want an LCD at home since I have to look at the one at work all day. I finally found a PC store that had a 191T+ and after playing a few demos on it I decided to go with the it. I got it from newegg for 100.00 cheaper than local. I wont be going back to a CRT ever again. Thanks for the advice.

Comment

I don't think I'll be replacing my Viewsonic G810(21" CRT) anytime soon. Especially with an LCD, since I can see the "refresh" on the majority of them that I've seen(Actually, I think that's been on ALL of them that I've seen). Nothing like running around in NS or GR and seeing tearing. But that could very well just be me. :)

Comment

ya lirix many bundle computers and displayes at the stores like Bestbuy and Curcuit city have the crap LCD screens. But if you buy special ones that are ment for gaming they are very nice, for instance take a look at this one.

http://www.guru3d.com/article/gengoods/85/
                      saw it for about 250 on ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by Lirix
                        since I can see the "refresh" on the majority of them that I've seen(Actually, I think that's been on ALL of them that I've seen). Nothing like running around in NS or GR and seeing tearing. But that could very well just be me. :)
                        Get one with fast pixel response time (virtually everything you see at the normal retail stores will not be adequate for gaming), and that'll run above 60hz in the resolution you want and you'll be set. If you're like me, 60hz is too slow; flourescent lights sometimes drive me bonkers.

Comment

60hz bothers me.

Comment

If a CRT is bothering you...you have the refresh is set WAY too low...

Comment

I am a cheap bastard. I am still using my Gateway generic 19in monitor. 5+ years and still going strong :P

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X