• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPU Dead?

ASRock p67 extreme 6
    i5 2500k
    16gb 1333 ram
    gtx570

I was stress testing my gtx570, and the whole pc shut off and wouldn't reboot. I tested power supply and everything appeared to be reading out correctly. I plugged 8 pin and 24 pin in to mobo, and it powered up. plugged in hds and dvd drives and it powered up. then, when pcie power cables are plugged in, it won't boot. I am thinking my card died.

Any ways to verify this outside of getting another card and seeing if it boots up?

Re: GPU Dead?

If you have another GPU of any type, then try getting that to work... Start pulling your ram too... Try running the ram in as many configurations as well... Also, look at all the capacitors...

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Turns out it is indeed the GPU. Put in a different card and everything worked perfectly. Looks like I get to make an early upgrade.

Comment

What is the other card you stuck in?

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

It is a 5450. It doesn't have separate power inputs like the 570, but I figured since the PCI-e power connectors read out correctly, that the error must be on the video card.

Comment

Bummer to hear that. Was is OC'd? You may get away with a warranty repair, if your card still has a warranty. I'm kind of stressed at the moment, I think my card may be on the verge of dying. I keep getting random BSODs, and right before my desktop does that the screen goes blank and the sound lags out.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X