Lighting Suggestions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lighting Suggestions

I have been looking at RGB LED strip kits for awhile. From what I've read on building forums a lot of people are using kits sold on Ebay.

Does anyone have recommendations?
    sigpic

Re: Lighting Suggestions

What are you looking to use them for?

When I did my home automation/green home project I replaced all my normal incandescent lights with LED, but then I went on further to get some LED strip lighting and use that as accent lighting throughout the house. This lighting pretty much eliminates the normal need for me to turn on other lights as I get enough from the accent lighting for normal daily use. I love the stuff, but how it's going to be used plays a big role.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis View Post

When I did my home automation/green home project I replaced all my normal incandescent lights with LED, but then I went on further to get some LED strip lighting and use that as accent lighting throughout the house. This lighting pretty much eliminates the normal need for me to turn on other lights as I get enough from the accent lighting for normal daily use. I love the stuff, but how it's going to be used plays a big role.
      Pictures or it didn't happen!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepo View Post
        Pictures or it didn't happen!
        You need to see pictures of LED lighting? hehe..

Oddly enough; it's been hard for me to get good pictures. I don't like bright light unless I'm doing something that necessitates it, so my house is pretty dim inside at night.

Comment

Originally posted by DeF View Post
          I have been looking at RGB LED strip kits for awhile. From what I've read on building forums a lot of people are using kits sold on Ebay.

Does anyone have recommendations?
          I actually used a sealed little 2' led kit made for automotive use

pics arent the best but you get the point....and yes it was from ebay. 2 years old and still going strong
          "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by Ven View Post
            I actually used a sealed little 2' led kit made for automotive use
            Nice! I used to run some blue cold cathode tubes in my case back when I was into overclocking and water cooling, but my attentions are elsewhere these days.

I like the look though! I assume that was LED based skirt lighting or something?

Comment

Case lighting and accent lighting in my room.

I was looking at something like this.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DeF View Post
                Case lighting and accent lighting in my room.

I was looking at something like this.
                That's a pretty good deal if the LED strip holds up over time. It's a fixed 5 meter kit, so you would need to potentially buy an extra transformer and crimp-tips for the flexible LED strip if you wanted to cut it up and use it for multiple different projects.

In my downstairs hallway I picked up some crown moulding and plan on using a similar LED strip inside the crown moulding. I'll have to mount the moulding an inch below the ceiling to allow the light to reflect off the ceiling to give me the ambient light I want, but based on tacking the moulding up and testing it with smaller LED strips; it works great and looks good too!

Power Supplies: http://www.flexfireleds.com/led-powe...s-12v-and-24v/
                Connectors: http://www.flexfireleds.com/dimmers-...D-Strip-Light/

FlexFire has a bunch of the same kits and LED strips as eBay but it's a bit more expensive.

Comment

Lighting Suggestions

I like the look though! I assume that was LED based skirt lighting or something?
                  You are correct sir! It's all 12v anyway
                  "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X