Samsung vs OZC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samsung vs OZC

I have a dilemma and not very long to solve it. Given a choice of a Samsung 840 or a OZC Vertex 4 (256gb) which would you select? I've read Acreo's take on this but the OZC uses a different controller than the Sandforce and I'm leaning that way but hoping I could get a concensus before I drop the dime this evening.
    Forewarned is Forearmed

Re: Samsung vs OZC

Buy whatever is cheapest. Both are good drives. I own both types, and I have no problems with either. OCZ used to have problems with there vertex 3 series with the controller but they fixed that( I also have a vertex 3 and never had a problem)
    sigpic

Former Pathfinder
    Former ARMA Admin
    Former ARMA TGU instructor
    Former TGU Headmaster
    Current Noob
    Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Comment

I just bought one of these - http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...?EdpNo=2372752

I heard good things about them, and TigerDirect had it for $129.99 with a $30.00 MIR. As far as OCZ goes, they've gotten a bad rap in the last year or so, they started out well. I'm currently typing this on my 60GB Agility 1, It will be three years old next March.

Comment

Nothing against OCZ however Samsung 830s are champs. Fast, quality and reliable all manufactured in-house by Samsung plus they are reasonably priced.

As far as the Samsung 840s I would wait but it's not like your going to find these anywhere else because Samsung is the only company that make these puppies, so let them work out the kinks.
        sigpic

Comment

Took an extra day or two to decide and finish my research and if I had the money the Samsung 840 Pro would have taken the day but money being tight I went with the 840 as it is rated stronger than the OCZ agility I was looking at and included Far Cry 3 in the deal. Still have to decide on a new gaming keyboard but as soon as the CPU and SSD get here I can start the build.
          Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

Originally posted by LpBronco View Post
            Took an extra day or two to decide and finish my research and if I had the money the Samsung 840 Pro would have taken the day but money being tight I went with the 840 as it is rated stronger than the OCZ agility I was looking at and included Far Cry 3 in the deal. Still have to decide on a new gaming keyboard but as soon as the CPU and SSD get here I can start the build.
            Be careful and test thoroughly as the 840s are new and although know one else makes this type of SSD for the consumer market yet they are supporting their products vigorously.
            sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X