[HELP] Hyper Transport Sync Error

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HELP] Hyper Transport Sync Error

So I got my PC back after not having it for 4 months.

First time I fire it up there's no problems, I let it download all its missed updates and reboot it.

Leave it overnight and today when I turned it on logged in and opened steam the screen just went black and it restarted itself. On the start screen at the bottom it says Hyper Flood Sync Error F1 to continue start up, del for menu and F11 for boot menu. Doing anything ends in the screen going black and beeping until I press the power button which just turns it off.

What the hell can I do?

1 MS Win 7 Home Prem 64bit OEM
    1 BLK x16 SATA ROM SH-D163B
    1 Antec Sonata III 500W ATX
    1 Corsair TwinX 4GB DDR3 1333
    1 320G SAMSUNG F1 SATA2 HD322HJ
    1 A/Cooling Freezer 7 Pro v2
    1 AMD PHENOM2 X4 965 AM3 BLK 125
    1 MSI 770-G45 Crossfire MoBo
    1 1GB MSI HD5770 R5770-PMD1G

Additional points.

I've been researching, followed this thread from start to end http://www.amdzone.com/phpbb3/viewto...37699&start=75 so I got into the bios on start up and changed the frequencies as suggested, and disabled the HPET thing. But before I could save the settings and continue with the boot it crashed. The computer gave one long beep followed by 2 short beeps, can't find out what that means :/

Really appreciate any help on this matter as I can't even really get past the post screen (think that's the right term). Lots of e-cookies for anyone who helps solve this

Currently in the process of resetting the CMOS and returning the BIOS to default settings.

Also posted over at the PR forums, here http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f360...ync-error.html

Ok further development. Did as you suggested, after removing the battery and then restarting after it gave me the option on the post to restore defaults. Did this is started to load then went black, then BSOD

Restarted again, it booted up some automatic repair thing. Ran that and it asked to restart afterwards, so restarted. PC loaded up like normal I was able to log in. I had a look around the control panel got my sound and resolution correct. Then opened things up (firefox, spotify and steam).

Started downloading a game from steam, all was going fine til it just went to a black screen beeped twice and then nothing. had to press the power button to turn it off. Now it just beeps twice whenever I try to turn it on.
    Last edited by AnimalMother; 12-02-2012, 01:07 PM.
    AnimalMother
    Ex TG-31st LR
    "Is it the 31st policy to have hott women as their avatars? Because if so that's a pretty baddass policy." - Pvt. brokeback
    sigpic

Arte et Marte

Re: [HELP] Hyper Transport Sync Error

Check you MoBo Users Guide for a list of BIOS errors (mine suggests that your having a ram issue). This could be as simple as a loose connection which could have occurred in handling. I would check all physical connections and try substituting a different Dimm and see if it boots.
    Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

Just the fact that you can get into windows at call suggests its a hardware issue. As LP suggested, start off with removing your ram and trying to POST with each stick. I will do some more research as well.
      sigpic

Former Pathfinder
      Former ARMA Admin
      Former ARMA TGU instructor
      Former TGU Headmaster
      Current Noob
      Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Comment

Removed one stick of RAM and moved the other one to a different slot. It started up and gave the option for the 'start up repair' function. Then it went black restarted stating it had the hyper transport flood sync error again. F1 to continue, 1 long beep and 2 short beeps then nothingness til I press the power button again.

Done this with both sticks separately and together in different slots. Furthest I got was to log in in safe mode but it went black seconds later and then beeped at me.
        Last edited by AnimalMother; 12-02-2012, 04:08 PM.
        AnimalMother
        Ex TG-31st LR
        "Is it the 31st policy to have hott women as their avatars? Because if so that's a pretty baddass policy." - Pvt. brokeback
        sigpic

Arte et Marte

Comment

www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-Xrlf3taEo

If we could please hold for a moment of silence.
          Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

Check out this thread and identify your bios, whether is American mega trends(AMI) or an Award bios. If you have an award bios those beeps mean it was unable to initiate video. Try reseating your graphics card

http://forum-en.msi.com/faq/article/...eeps-and-codes
            sigpic

Former Pathfinder
            Former ARMA Admin
            Former TGU Headmaster
            Current Noob

Comment

Should have updated this.

Last night I put my gfx card into the other PCI-E slot. So far I've been running for hours no dramas, loaded up PR and downloaded all the stuff for A2 bravo. Only thing left to crack is to get Wargame to not crash.

So fingers crossed that was it.

Thank you both for your help and suggestions. Greatly appreciated.
              AnimalMother
              Ex TG-31st LR
              sigpic

Arte et Marte

Comment

I have had that problem before once as well, if you want, get some compressed air and clean out the PCI connector and you can put the card back in there if you need to.

Good that you got out fixed.
                sigpic

Former Pathfinder
                Former ARMA Admin
                Former TGU Headmaster
                Current Noob

Comment

Just went through similar problems after Sandy with my main rig. Used it as an excuse to push the upgrade I'd been putting off for years. Glad you got it worked out and the BIOS warnings lists are really handy to keep near when there are issues.
                  Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X