Computer slows down and locks up during cutscenes/videos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer slows down and locks up during cutscenes/videos

Hey guys, I have this issue when during cutscenes/videos or anything that seems pre-rendered. My computer starts slowing down horribly and basically locks up and I can't do anything at all unless I do a restart. The times it has happened is when it's a pre-rendered cutscene for Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and the main menu for Dark Souls when "Prepare to Die" starts to appear. It also happens randomly when viewing and xfire video and for the intro videos to Project Reality. I have no idea what this could be. I have the latest video drivers for my card, I checked to see if DirectX is up to date, and checked the event viewer but the computer registers nothing wrong, basically anything I could think that would cause this but no luck.

I have googled for fixes and it seems no one else has had this problem. I am open to anything and if you need more info just let me know. It sucks that I can't play certain games because of this.

Re: Computer slows down and locks up during cutscenes/videos

Is your flash player up-to-date? Do you have a stable overclock on your CPU or GPU?
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Along similar lines to Acreo, if I follow his train of thought correctly. Check your Cpu/gpu utilization during the lock up, that will help identify/eliminate hardware issues. Then check flash is up to date. Where are you looking in event viewer. If your pc is locking up there really should be entries there. Make sure you are checking all the relevant software categories.

I'll be on tonight so I can give you a hand if you want mate.

Comment

its a driver issue.

try this please jersey boy.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1150443/h...ia-gpu-drivers
        sigpic

Former Pathfinder
        Former ARMA Admin
        Former ARMA TGU instructor
        Former TGU Headmaster
        Current Noob
        Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Comment

Thanks for the quick replies, guys. I haven't overclocked anything, but I will check for Flash Updates. I can't really check anything on my computer during the lock up, but I'll see what I can do with the little LCD monitor on my keyboard during next lock up. I'll also look into uninstalling my video driver and reinstall.

Comment

Updated Flash and it seems like it worked, of course I got to find out Dark Souls is horribly buggy

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X