DIY Dust Filters for PC?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY Dust Filters for PC?

I cheap case from Newegg over a month ago: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...FU-d4AodcAcAAw

It came with 3 fans (2x120, 1x140). It has mesh/filtered front w/ a removable filter on the bottom for the PSU. Today I noticed that the side panel has a little bit of vacuum as it was ever so lightly sucking a piece of paper against the vents where you can mount optional fans. I am curious if anyone has any suggestions on using some sort of translucent mesh so I can still see the components inside, but at the same time filter dust that tries to enter the computer?

-Solarity
    Lights Out!

I have several cats and hard wood floors, filters are a must. I use 4x4in medical gauze and ...tape. clean with a vacume and swap out few times a year.
    Sarcoma.

Comment

Re: DIY Dust Filters for PC?

panty hose
      |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Originally posted by Namebot View Post
        panty hose
        This is effective. :icon14:
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Namebot View Post
          panty hose
          This has been the easiest that I have personally used in the past.
          i7-3770K l Z77 l GTX 670 l 16GB PC3-12800 l 120GB SSD and 1TB HDD l 1200W AX l Win 7 baby!

www.betawerkz.com

Comment

I feel odd buying pantyhose =\ my woman doesnt use them.

Thank you for the suggestion, ill give it a shot
            Lights Out!

Comment

So you just wrap your fans with it?
              |TG-Irr| Zantheus

Comment

There are more expensive filter material out there, such as some of the ones listed here: http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l3/g47/...ers-Page1.html. You gain the ability to wash them without replacing them entirely and you can cut and shape them to whatever port you may have.

I'd probably stay away from foam as much as possible. Very hard to clean completely, relatively expensive to keep replacing, and more restrictive when it comes to airflow than other filter material (as the foam used on my NZXT H2 case proves).
                |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
                  There are more expensive filter material out there, such as some of the ones listed here: http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l3/g47/...ers-Page1.html. You gain the ability to wash them without replacing them entirely and you can cut and shape them to whatever port you may have.

I'd probably stay away from foam as much as possible. Very hard to clean completely, relatively expensive to keep replacing, and more restrictive when it comes to airflow than other filter material (as the foam used on my NZXT H2 case proves).
                  Awesome, best of all I can pick it up as they are a few miles from my house!
                  Lights Out!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X