Anyone use Gigabyte EasyTune6?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use Gigabyte EasyTune6?

I am looking at over cocking my chip. I have a Gigabyte ga-z77x-d3h w/ an intel 3750k.

Should I click on the Green "1" or should I just do auto tune? I do not want to put my CPU into jeopardy or anything.

Also does the turbo for the 3750k automatically kick in or do I need to manually enable it?

Thanks in advance,

Solarity
    Lights Out!

Re: Anyone use Gigabyte EasyTune 6

Mate, I implore , do not use easy tune 6. By default , it generally increases your voltage to the maximum recommended safe voltage, which is never a good thing and raises temps. Read some overclocking guides on the 3570k, there are tons of videos on YouTube on that chip and mobo combo. Generally, all you need to do is increase the multiplier on those chips to OC and maybe add a bit of voltage. If you see me online, hit me up and we can discuss.
    sigpic

Former Pathfinder
    Former ARMA Admin
    Former ARMA TGU instructor
    Former TGU Headmaster
    Current Noob
    Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Comment

Re: Anyone use Gigabyte EasyTune6?

When I OC my chip (i7 920) I do it manually in the bios, I disable speedstep and turboboost and increase the multiplier from 133 to 200 (4ghz) and change the dram to 1603mhz (12 GB 1600mhz ram) and leave everything else on auto, I tried using TurboV to do it from the desktop but it just freezes the pc and I have to restart.

It should also be noted that I have a Corsair H100 water cooler which keeps the temps below 60 c while playing planetside 2.

Comment

I am running stock intel cooler I dont want anything crazy though will
        I need something better?
        Lights Out!

Comment

Most definitely solarity. I would not even attempt OC on a stock cooler. If you where an experienced OC I would say go right ahead and just watch the temps , however stock coolers have very poor cooling abilities and an incorrect OC could potentially fry your chip or reduce the life of it. I would recommended a good air cooler to start off with, if you can afford it, and your case can fit it, a corsair H80/H10.
          sigpic

Former Pathfinder
          Former ARMA Admin
          Former TGU Headmaster
          Current Noob

Comment

Originally posted by solarity View Post
            I am running stock intel cooler I dont want anything crazy though will
            I need something better?
            bolagnaise is right, but you do have room to OC, but only by a fraction, if you want more, you can get a cooler like the ones bolagnaise recommends or even some cheaper air cooling, you also have to take into account the ram you are using, can it run faster mhz wise, most peoples ram is running at less mhz than advertised at stock/default settings.

I spent 100 bucks on my cooler, because I just wanted to push my CPU as far as I can, it can go further, but it requires a balance of ram and cpu.
            Last edited by MrMojay; 01-18-2013, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Thanks the info about needing the cooler is what I was looking for. Are the water coolers modular and easily upgradeable to the a new socket CPU that comes out in the future? I am wondering if it makes more sense just to save the money and get a faster CPU later. If I went with an upgraded one I would have to go for liquid cooling mainly for the cool factor.
              Lights Out!

Comment

The water coolers myself and bolagnaise have mentioned are easily installed, they install pretty much the same as an air cooler, they require access to the back of the motherboard to secure the heatsink to the chip, they are not the same as a professional water cooling system but offer really great cooling. You just need to make sure they will fit in your case.

Look them up on corsairs website or antecs.

http://www.corsair.com/us/cpu-coolin...pu-cooler.html

http://store.antec.com/Product/cooli...5-77085-9.aspx

These type of water coolers are more user friendly and require less maintenance than a professional water system.

As you can see from the links the coolers fit quite a lot of different sockets, I cannot comment on future chips or motherboards.

Comment

Intel sockets aren't changing drastically anytime soon, 1155 and 2011 are the standard at the moment. Even if they do change, I will guess that corsair would release an adaptor because the H series is incredibly popular.
                  sigpic

Former Pathfinder
                  Former ARMA Admin
                  Former TGU Headmaster
                  Current Noob

Comment

Hrmm I see no place to mount the 240 width coolers other than my removable side panel, though I wouldn't go with that anyway. So I am looking at mounting it to the 120 fan I have above the connectors. I do have 2 120mm fans already. My case is compatible with liquid cooling (larger opening behind mother board mount). Any suggestions on system to use in this case? If I can save money by not getting a package that includes fans I would prefer that. Also do you plug the fans into the case fan and the cpu fan 3pin connectors on the MB?
                    Lights Out!

Comment

What case do you have?

On the corsair series, you plug the fans into fan headers on the pump itself. It also cones with 2 fans.
                      sigpic

Former Pathfinder
                      Former ARMA Admin
                      Former TGU Headmaster
                      Current Noob

Comment

Here is the case I have: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811147153
                        Lights Out!

Comment

With that case you are going to be restricted to a H80 without modding the case( you will need to cut the top metal piece to accept 2 x 120mm fans and tap and screw holes in for the mount.)
                          sigpic

Former Pathfinder
                          Former ARMA Admin
                          Former TGU Headmaster
                          Current Noob

Comment

After reading some reviews it seems like some hs/f coolers are just as good as liquid. The biggest thing I saw was for a liquid cooler was sound. As I have my computer in its own room and I wear around ear headphones I don't think sound will matter to me. Also the price of a hs/f is half much as other coolers. There is also the added simplicity of the air cooler. Granted the liquid was a few degrees celius cooler than the hs/f. My biggest issue is the cool/geek factor of the liquid which seems awesome. Though the benchmark and review might have not pushed the liquids, though the cpu might have been the limiting factor.

I am looking at the thermal take water 2.0 and the ETS-T40

Source: http://m.techradar.com/news/computin...d-rated-956968
                            Lights Out!

Comment

So based off the above benchmarks and considering the HS/F will take up a lot of space in my "window" area

Water Cooler $67 (after rebate)
                              Tt Water 2.0 Performer:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835106188

HS/F $35
                              ETS-T40: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835214023

Neither of these have lights or anything. The ETS w/ lights increases the price by $15.

Also playing the game I normally play (cpu intensive) w/ stock cooler maxed out at 61*c w/ a min of 21*c.
                              Lights Out!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X