Questions about AA on NVIDIA's Settings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about AA on NVIDIA's Settings

recently during a driver fowl up while trying to roll up to 77.77 i lost all my driver settings for my 6800gt. after fixing everything, i loaded up bf2 and to my horror everything was blocky and heavily aliased. it than hit me that before i had set my system's AA to 8x5 through the nvidia icon on my tray. i put it back on and everything was much nicer.

heres my question. is it better to run AA through my overall system through the 6800's control panel, or turn AA off and run AA through the game engine? the one time i did try AA through bf2 it chugged down quite a bit, and i had completely forgotton that it was on through my system. just wondering if anybody is in my same boat.
    |TG-Irr|Legato

Re: Questions about AA on NVIDIA's Settings

I've heard people say to let BF2 handle the AA settings and set the driver AA options to application controlled.

Maybe somebody can recommend a program that will automatically recommend driver options so you don't accidentally have settings that will cause problems. I know there are tools for ATI cards to automatically set driver options according to the application you are running.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Re: Questions about AA on NVIDIA's Settings

Originally posted by =Sarc=
      let BF2 handle the AA settings and set the driver AA options to application controlled.
      this is what I do.
      |TG-12th| asch
      sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse