thermal displays and fan controls

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thermal displays and fan controls

I have been thinking about buying a bay mounted controller for my fans. My fans are almost all manually controlled and I love to monitor the temps and voltages. I was on newegg and discovered this BitFenix Recon Fan Controller and was curious to see if that would be a good buy. There were a few other options I considered. Here are the ones I am looking at:

1) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811997078

2) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811992005

3) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811996038

4)http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811999198

Any ideas?

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Re: thermal displays and fan controls

Got the 2nd one. Works awesome and you can set it to auto, where the controller will automatically increase fan speed with temperature (to keep noise down).

Comment

Originally posted by mangeface View Post
      Got the 2nd one. Works awesome and you can set it to auto, where the controller will automatically increase fan speed with temperature (to keep noise down).
      Have you used one before?

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

I like the looks of the 2nd on myself. I only glanced at the specs. Brightness is something I always consider as bright lights can be annoying at night.

Also, analog vs digital?
        Viking

Comment

I use the NZXT sentry LXE and a Zalman MFC1 to control my fans right now and I'm really happy with both. The LXE is really good and even tho the NZXT linked is a cheaper model I think it's going to work fine for you. Just check for Watts per channel (10w on this one, more than enough for all but wicked fans) and make sure you don't mind the look of you controller. (I don't like flashy lights on my PC so I use a knob controller in my bay and the flashy one I hide away)

Zalman MFC1

Sentry LXE

Editet. Yes that's a word!
          Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

Why not use 4pin PWM fans and let the computer set the speeds? I do think those look cool and for the price seem cool. I would go with #2 if I was going your route. Then again I am more of a minimalist. Good luck!
            Lights Out!

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
              Have you used one before?
              Yup, it's installed on my rig.

Comment

Originally posted by mangeface View Post
                Yup, it's installed on my rig.
                That case is HUGE! I like the purdy color
                Lights Out!

Comment

My case is an Antec 300 and I have two Blue LED lights mounted in the front. I am looking to continue to control them manually. I don't like the hassle of removing the side to change the speed though and I want thermal displays...

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
                    My case is an Antec 300 and I have two Blue LED lights mounted in the front. I am looking to continue to control them manually. I don't like the hassle of removing the side to change the speed though and I want thermal displays...
                    Well, the NZXT is very user friendly. No super fancy bells and whistles on it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X