Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• building 2nd PC for BF2

Is there one?

I'm looking for a socket462/socketA mobo with PCI-Express support?

I cant find any, does anyone know if they exist?

Ta,
    Last edited by AlienBaby_; 08-19-2005, 11:49 AM.

Re: building 2nd PC for BF2

Hey Alienbaby,

I had a look around most popular MB makes and models and no luck, there all PCIx1 and AGP.

Looked at:

Abit
    Asus
    DFI LanParty
    Epox
    Gigabyte
    MSI
    Sapphire

Maybe you should move over to Intel.

Trill

Comment

if he has to move to intel... that means new cpu... if he has to change all this anyway, he can do that with 939/754 and get everything on AMD.... intel will also work, but dont make it sound like the it's the only option.....

man, what is up with the intel fanboys lately?
      Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
      The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

mabe they just prefer the hardware for technical reasons, doesnt make him a "fanboy"

AKA TG Xink | http://www.andy-hook.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Trill
          Maybe you should move over to Intel.
          or maybe he could spend less a processor that will get him more performance in BF2 (i'm sure you can see which side _i'm_ on).

you won't find PCIe on a socketA mobo. it's only available on motherboards accepting the newer AMD and intel processors.

there are still plenty of AGP cards available, though. the only cards that are PCIe only are either value cards (which aren't worth their weight in poop) or the currently super-highend (7800's, which would be severely limited by an athlon XP).
          [TG]epheneh

Comment

6600GT APG 8x for $160-$200. Will run Bf2 on High with proper CPU/RAM compliments.
            If you're looking to spend a ton of money, upgrade the mobo to a AMD64 or newer intel with respective processor and buy PCI-e.
            a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
            Celibacy is not Hereditary.
            Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
            Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
            Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Noooo! Damnit , cheers for looking tho peeps :)

And the what equip should I get etc.. discussion. I'm currently on Intel with Nvidia. (3.4ghx P4550, GeFroce7800GTX)

this second machine was decided upon using 'the bits that are laying about'. Just happen to be a 2.8 sempron, 512MB 2700DDR, 40GB disk, x600pro PCI-E Graphics. S'just a bummer we can't find a mobo to stick the card in that will also take the chip.

So.. d'ya reckon we should get new CPU + pci-express mobo?

or, go and buy an AGP graphics card?

Comment

Personally i say stick with the current equipment and just buy an AGP card. But it's all personal preference.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by AlienBaby_
                  So.. d'ya reckon we should get new CPU + pci-express mobo?

or, go and buy an AGP graphics card?
                  How much money do you want to spend and how powerful do you want your 2nd system to be?

It'll probably be cheaper to get a new AGP graphics card depending on what you want. A new CPU and mobo will probably be about $100 more also depending on what kind of processor you want.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X