Raid 0 issue on windows 7.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raid 0 issue on windows 7.

I've run into an odd problem. I've installed windows 7 onto my 128gb SSD, with Raid mode enabled on Bios. I have two 500gb HDDs in raid 0, that were created before windows install. Windows install detected the raid just fine, when I was given the option of where to install Windows. However, when I finally got onto windows, I cannot see the raid 0 partition. I can only see my SSD (C) and System Reserved (F).

When I go under the disk drives category in device manager, I can see my Raid 0 drives listed, as well as my SSD. However, under My computer, I cannot access the Raid 0 drives.

I have installed all of my mother boards latest drivers, and the raid setup is detected in the Bios.

I am using a gigabyte z77x-ud4h motherboard. When installing windows, I loaded Raid drivers. I got an error message saying it could not install the drivers the first time I tried. But when I tried again, it said it had worked.

I've plugged both of my Raid 0 hard drives into sata 3gbs ports. And my SSD is plugged into a sata 6gbs port.

Any suggestions?
    |TG-73rd|Socomseal
    |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Re: Raid 0 issue on windows 7.

Make sure the Intel storage drivers are installed for your chipset, specially the ones dealing with RAID. Otherwise, Windows 7 won't be able to see those drives because the generic drivers probably aren't doing the trick.

Also are these drives formatted and partitioned already?
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Yes they are.

After hours of digging through various tech support forums, I found the answer. You have to go under Computer management/ Storage/ Disk management. Then initialize the drive(s).
      |TG-73rd|Socomseal
      |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

Originally posted by socomseal93 View Post
        Yes they are.

After hours of digging through various tech support forums, I found the answer. You have to go under Computer management/ Storage/ Disk management. Then initialize the drive(s).
        Ah, I was about to say that next. Looks like you found your solution already. :)
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X