K, new purchase

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K, new purchase

I will pick up my new creative xfi card today, i got the cheap one. I will post back for some xfi personal reviews and my thoughts on it.

I know there are Creative haters out there, but I have not had problems with the cards.

Also, I should not have gotten this but the reviews and the silly kid in me wanted a new level of sound for gaming.

If it is worth winning, then it is worth fighting dirty for!

Re: K, new purchase

a new sound card is order for me too, though i think i need new speakers to hear any real improvment first, I heard that the cheaper card didnt have onboard ram, dont really know if this makes any differance, be sure to let us know how its sounding once you got it all set up

AKA TG Xink | http://www.andy-hook.co.uk

Comment

Still waiting for the Sept 14th release for the X-Fi Series here in the Uk, i will get the entry level card, only because i dont care for the expansion pieces, they come with, the extra money for the x-ram could be worth it though.. Looking forward to seeing and hearing it.

Trill

Comment

WOW, In BF2 the difference is incredible. I went from an Audigy 2 to the XFI cheap model, and bam everything is clear and crisp. You can hear a lot more things and the sound is much crisper. Now I tried it with COD and well the improvement was not as good but it was still better than what I had before.

I figure the card is meant for newer games that can utilize the card, so the COD thing was not much of a dissapointment. BF2 rocks with this sound card.

Comment

What are your system specs?

Comment

Do you have a headset or headphones? I'm interested in seeing if that CMSS-3D really works. CMSS-3D is the feature that's suppossed to let you hear surround sound type effects with headphones.

Comment

I have the pc 150 seinnheiser headphones and yes the cms works with the headphones.

System specs
              AMD 3500 939
              Abit AV8 mobo
              Corsair 1g XL 2-2-2-5
              Maxotr HD 120 and 60
              Creative XFI etreme music sound card
              BFG 6800GT AGP 8

Honestly the sound card has made a big difference in the game (BF2), the sound of battle and basically everything else is just awesome. I live close to Bubba and he picked one up yesterday as well, waiting on some of his opinions. If you do get this card the XFi mode will not work in BF2 at first. Creative has a new driver out (8/22), get this driver and you should be arlight to run BF2 in xfi. Installation was a breeze and the driver update was simple download and run.

PS. From what i understand Bestbuy has the corner on the cards for (I think) 30 days. Creative has them on there website as well and that is about the only places to get them. Be advised, Bestbuy will look at you like you are crazy not knowing they have them in there own warehouse of the store. They have them, just get an employee that cares. I know it is hard but they have a few. UK fellas, not sure for you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Godfrey
                Honestly the sound card has made a big difference in the game (BF2), the sound of battle and basically everything else is just awesome. I live close to Bubba and he picked one up yesterday as well, waiting on some of his opinions. If you do get this card the XFi mode will not work in BF2 at first. Creative has a new driver out (8/22), get this driver and you should be arlight to run BF2 in xfi. Installation was a breeze and the driver update was simple download and run.

PS. From what i understand Bestbuy has the corner on the cards for (I think) 30 days. Creative has them on there website as well and that is about the only places to get them. Be advised, Bestbuy will look at you like you are crazy not knowing they have them in there own warehouse of the store. They have them, just get an employee that cares. I know it is hard but they have a few. UK fellas, not sure for you guys.
                I installed mine last night. I have to admit the sound is awesome. I tried it before I downloaded the updated drivers and there is a big difference in quality. You have got to experiance the sounds that this card gives out. As Godfry says it is the entry level card and if this one has the sound and effects, I can imagine what the top dollar one can do. Installation was I breeze. Not only the headset performance but I hooked up my surrond speakers and music and movies are so rich in the sound.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

Originally posted by FriedFish
                  Do you have a headset or headphones? I'm interested in seeing if that CMSS-3D really works. CMSS-3D is the feature that's suppossed to let you hear surround sound type effects with headphones.
                  I have the CMSS=3D turned on, and yes you get the surround sound affects.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

Dammit Godfrey I had decided not to buy this new fandangled card. I really convinced myself there would be no difference. Now I have to go out and get one. Thanks a lot.

[age-c1] [conduct]
                    Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Comment

Well I hope that you have the same satisfaction that I have from it. I personnaly feel that this is the best sound card I have had.

PS. Temptation is the root of all evil!!

Comment

this card might be a reason for me to get my Speakers out again.....

i wonder why they not got a PCI express version... My soundcards normaly last for at least 4-5 years... in 4-5years time PCI will be history......
                        From Adam Webb

Comment

PCI-Express x16 is for graphic adapters, due to the high power and high bus they need, unlike sound cards/ expansion cards. It can't see a sound card being made for PCI-X in the near furture.

Trill

Comment

Can't buy one in Canada yet. Bummed. Godfrey help a brother out!

[age-c1] [conduct]
                            Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Comment

Hear you are taken care of Trigger, Bubba is a lonely old man so i would be careful. HAHAHA, just kidding !!! Sometimes that is. Hope it impresses you as it did me, that is the sound card.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X