Headphones

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headphones

I am tired of wasting money on Headphones.

My latest failure is the Logitech H800. Spent $100 on the damn thing and the Mic wont work any more and the Wireless keeps dropping connection and I have to leave it off for a while to get it to reconnect.

I have no problem spending money. I just want a damn good set of headphone with a mic!

Can I get some advice?

Thanks!

Re: Headphones

Do you want wireless?

Astro A40 or A50
    sigpic

Former Pathfinder
    Former ARMA Admin
    Former ARMA TGU instructor
    Former TGU Headmaster
    Current Noob
    Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Comment

The only headset worth buying is the Sennhieser PC360: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...al_Gaming.html

If you want to go with headphones and a stand/clip=on mic, there are other options.
      Viking

Comment

I don't use headsets, but I do have 1 just as a reserve. It's a Razer Carcharias, and it suits me well. I picked it up about 3 years ago for around $50-60 USD.

Things I always see, don't get a USB jacked headset. Always problems with those.

Originally posted by DaViking View Post
        The only headset worth buying is the Sennhieser PC360: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...al_Gaming.html

If you want to go with headphones and a stand/clip=on mic, there are other options.
        I don't even spend $200 on my speakers and mic, let alone for a headset. That's a really steep price to pay in my opinion.

Comment

He said he wanted a damn good headset, not mediocre. He also said he didn't mind investing in a good pair. Investing in audio usually smarter than a other components. Audio doesn't really change much over time. Audio equipment won't be outdated in 6-12 months or need to be upgraded in 2-3 years to run the latest games or music. Buy a good set equipment once and use it for several years.

The only headset worth spending over $50 on is the PC360 in my, and many others, opinion. I think sound plays a major role in my immersion when playing games; it is half the experience actually. People spend $500-700+ on video equipment (gfx card, monitor), why spend only $50 on the second half of the experience?

I answered the question he asked. For something a little less expensive, the AT AD700's are supposed to be very good as well. They are headphones and would need a seperate microphone. - http://www.amazon.com/Technica-ATH-A.../dp/B000CMS0XU

Reinhold, speak with Wickens and Jeepo if you want some first hand freedback about the PC360.

Here are some other threads that may be useful:
          http://www.tacticalgamer.com/hardwar...3-headset.html
          http://www.tacticalgamer.com/hardwar...dset-help.html
          Viking

Comment

I'll second the recommendation on the Razer product. After a series of failed headsets with various makers, including Logitech and others, I've had a Razer product now for three years. The sound is great and the mic hasn't failed once.

Audiophiles like DaViking have a valid point, yes, but different people have different perceptions of what "damn good" means. My definition of damn good is something that works really well and is a good value. Razer fits the bill for me.

Also-I would second the idea of nixing the USB connection. Go with the jack not the USB.
            sigpic
            |TG-1st|Grunt
            ARMA Admin (retired)
            Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

it looks like the USB may have been my problem. I appreciate all the advice and I will talk to Wicks and Jeepo to see what they have to say about their headsets.

:)

Comment

Love my Corsair Vengeance Wireless.
                doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Headphones

Double what cougar said, i love my corsair wireless. Not had a single complaint so far, the range is superb, sound quality is above par and comfy to wear. Would buy again.
                  sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

I have used Sennheiser for the last three years. The quality of my first pair was extremely nice. For extended wear times the HD 555 has some plush ear cups and the amount of pressure exerted on the head is enough to keep them on. But, not enough to cause fatigue. Though after many years a design defect that others experienced came to light. Eventually the plastic on the headband tend to fatigue and eventualy crack/break.

Currently I am using the Sennheiser 380HD pro and a logitech microphone. The headset is very nice and the excellent sound quality is what I have come to expect from Sennheiser. This set also has acouple of nice perks. The two perks that I like the most are that the cord is coiled like a telephone cord and the cord is replaceable if the need ever arises.

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-380.../dp/B001UE6I0G

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Deskt...ech+microphone

Comment

I have Sennhesier 350's rather than the later 360's as I read a review somewhere that said the build quality was slightly more solid on the 350's. Love em. Sturdy, comfortable, outstanding sound quality and positional audio, really good solid microphone. Second pair of Sennheiser I have owned, I upgraded from the cheaper open backed version, forget the name. Haven't found a reason to try any other brands since, though I am sure there are some good ones out there. Once you get above a certain level of sound quality it starts to become a matter of preference and extras to my mind, be it wireless or detachable cables etc.

Comment

Wal-Mart. No, seriously.

The last time I did a massive search for headsets, I was using them for professional purposes. I went through about half a dozen reputable brands, anywhere between $50 and $250. I returned them all due to poor pickup quality (though sound output wasn't that bad in most cases). The unit I ended up with at the time was a no-name brand from Mall-Wart for $18.88. After that one had died about three years later -- and it didn't actually die, the earphone pad wore out -- I've gone fancy and picked up a Logitech for, I think, $23.64, also from Mall-Wart.

The vital consideration is USB vs. 3.5mm. As far as I'm concerned, USB headsets are a non-starter. Beyond that, I've yet to see a direct correlation between price or brand reputation and product quality.

Oh, and if you game? Especially if you squad lead? Do your teammates a favour: Don't use a standalone mic. And definitely don't use one with speakers.

Who needs a life when you can have a heavy bolter?
                        --BlackMirror
                        <23:03:38> "|TG|Smachin<BF Admin>" was kicked from the server by "|TG-70th| Zhohar" (UNDERAGE ban.)
                        Anything over $600, and it would be pointless to try and reason with Grandma
                        --Blackraven93

Comment

I have Sennheiser 360's. Love them. I used to have to buy new headsets every <12 months as they fall apart. Have had this nearly 3 years now, it is perfect and the clarity is excellent. Cheaper than the many other headsets I have tried too.

Comment

Logitech G930 here. Replaced my Senn 360's.
                            USB (which I was against till these) works fine.

Hands down the best headset I've ever had. Only one issue with the charging port and I fixed that myself with a soldering iron. 7.1 surround and the sound is awesome. The wireless range is really good too. Maybe 50 or so ft and through a few walls.

Wireless rules !

We're I to upgrade I'd be going with the Astro A50's Bol mentioned.

|

Comment

I have the A50s. Just had to RMA them for a known issue with the power supply inside the transmitter. They 1 for 1 replaced them. Other than that. They are awesome.
                              sigpic

Former Pathfinder
                              Former ARMA Admin
                              Former ARMA TGU instructor
                              Former TGU Headmaster
                              Current Noob
                              Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse