Searching for good RAM for PC build!?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching for good RAM for PC build!?

So, I am in search of some good RAM for a new PC build I am currently working on. I found 2 different options but was not sure which was better. I am looking for at least 8GB but would prefer 16GB. Here are my current options, and if you all have different suggestions please feel free to comment! Thanks!

Option 1: G.SKILL Sniper Gaming Series 16GB (4 x 4GB)

Option 2: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB)

Sniper, but preferences

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Re: Searching for good RAM for PC build!?

And I am assuming that it will fit with the ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 motherboard? lol

Comment

Mushkin makes some nice, high quality RAM too, sometimes a little cheaper with the same specs as G.Skill. It is worth looking in to. They seem to be pretty helpful on their forums too (last time I checked).
        Viking

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon Lawhorn View Post
          And I am assuming that it will fit with the ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 motherboard? lol
          Anything that's 240 pin DDR3 will fit your motherboard.

Would've been nice if you would've linked your find, since I have zero clue what MHz you want. So I'll go under the assumption those are 1600 MHz.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...24%24%24%24%24

Comparing those 2, I personally would go with the Ripjaws X RAM. They may end up being slightly slower, and that's a big slightly cause you may not even notice, because of their timing. But saving $20 and using half as many RAM slots would be a big plus for me.

Comment

Unless you plan on some serious overclocking, I'd go with the Ripjaws X as well. Otherwise, if you do plan on some serious OC, then the Sniper would probably be better.
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
            Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
            Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I have 12 GB of the Ripjaws (3x4GB) which run at 1600mhz, I do overclock my CPU to 4ghz using a liquid CPU cooler when I need to, getting it to 4ghz means I only have to run the ram at 1603mhz which is like a 3mhz OC, which nearly all ram out there could do.
              I do not touch the timings on the ram and so far everything runs nice and stable and cool which keeps me happy.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X