finding a new monitor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finding a new monitor

Can my fellow gamers help me find a good monitor for under $200?

I still use a flatscreen crt.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Re: finding a new monitor

You really need help with that buddy?

Have you tried the Internet? ;)

Comment

You can get enough on the internet, but quality is sometimes hard to find.;) Also is user experience.:)
      Might be good to know if you only use it for gaming or do other things on it also.
      Proud to have been an Irregular!

2142: Medic4Hire - BF4/Origin: MedicNL

Comment

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...CE&PageSize=20

IPS panels. Better colors, better viewing angles.
        |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

my problems only involve knowing what brands to stay away from and anything to consider as important...

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Sent you a PM

Comment

Asus makes a damn good monitor
              "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
                my problems only involve knowing what brands to stay away from and anything to consider as important...
                You know I am joking with you right?

Yeah IPS panels are great apart from the refresh rate, I would also go with LED and one that has all the connections on the back so it can be used as a TV or with a console etc.

Samsung make good monitors.
                Last edited by MrMojay; 06-20-2013, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Short video from Linus explaining the different panel types. As for brand I'm partial towards Samsung (Using 4 Samsung monitors) and Asus.

If it was me I would go for a 23-24 inch 120+Hz TN panel from either brand. But check the video out and see what type of panel you feel will work for you needs.

BenQ and Dell seems to be really popular over here but I've always seen them as a low quality cheap hardware. Maybe they have been improving? Or are people here in Sweden just buying crap still?

Oh if you have a bright room with direct sunlight go with a matte bezel screen. Glossy will create a lot of sun glare.
                  Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

I have Samsung and a Dell IPS. I need to move to Sweden if Dell are cheap crap lol, Dell IPS panels are pretty high end and produce a beautiful picture with outstanding colour accuracy. Dell are generally a bit more expensive in the UK compared to say a similar size Samsung. Even so Samsung are very nice, was quite happy with mine until I got the Dell IPS which simply has a better picture, better blacks, more accurate and vibrant colors etc. Just a case of what you want to pay really and then a lot of review reading.

Comment

Sounds like I'm just not following up with hardware as well as I thought. I remember Dell as the company much like HP with the overpriced rebuilt packages that you couldn't upgrade without using a dremel and some soldering.
                      Maybe I should start looking a little bit more into what they actually make today..
                      Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

Ok, so I bought an Asus VS208. I like it so far.

Comment

Dang, I was going to recommend a 21.5 " Lenovo IPS-LED monitor: http://www.microcenter.com/product/4...PS_LED_Monitor

I have it for a LAN rig and is by far (on visual inspection of at MC) looked far sharper, brighter, and better built than the other IPS-LED screens at the price point of $130-$200.
                          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I've got the ProLite E380S...beats all the high tech monitors out there.:madsmile:

My Dell recently experienced some type of failure, never gain...

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Originally posted by LowSpeedHighDrag View Post
                              I've got the ProLite E380S...beats all the high tech monitors out there.:madsmile:
                              1024x768?

I use a 1080p IMAX projector and the north face of my neighbors house as my screen.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X