Tab2 or Nexus?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tab2 or Nexus?

Hey all, the wife and I are looking at tablets and debating between the Samsung tab2 and the Asus Google nexus 7. Are there any capabilities the Asus has that the tab2 does not? Unfortunately I know squat about tablets, so any input is greatly appreciated. :)
    |TG-Irr|Avengingllama
    I used to eat paint chips. Now I just drink the paint because I couldn't find a salsa that went well with the chips and they were dry =)

Re: Tab2 or Nexus?

The nexus 7 has a higher resolution screen and a more powerful processor. It lacks a sd card slot. The nexus also comes with vanilla android on, the tab will have samsungs user interface and other additions. I have the nexus7, I like it except mine has a problem with draining its battery while its supposed to be asleep in low power mode. I should return it but haven't gotten around to it yet. I could turn it off to stop the battery from draining since it starts up in less than minute. I have no experience with the tab2.
    |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Highly recommend the Nexus 7. Power v price it slashes everything else in the market. I highly recommend getting a fully protective case such as the gumdrop nexus 7 case or otterbox case, as the Nexus has a fragile screen. I have the 16gb version, but the 32gb WiFi/3g version is also available. In saying all that, Google is expected to announce the Nexus 7 2 in the next month, so it may pay to hold off on a purchase until the end of July to see if the new version offers any advantage, plus releasing a new nexus will drop the price of the current one a fair bit.
      sigpic

Former Pathfinder
      Former ARMA Admin
      Former ARMA TGU instructor
      Former TGU Headmaster
      Current Noob
      Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys...looks like I will be tryin to sell the wife on a Nexus =)
        |TG-Irr|Avengingllama
        I used to eat paint chips. Now I just drink the paint because I couldn't find a salsa that went well with the chips and they were dry =)

Comment

As a currently Nexus 7 owner, I can say that I really like my GN7. Its quick, responsive, and battery life is pretty decent compared to other tablets it size. I would recommend the 32GB if you are going to be away from some type of network connection. As for lack of a SD card slot, you can buy a OTG USB cable from Amazon and use it to connect to any external HDD. Its not as nice as having the m SD slot, but its a nice option to have.

|TG-IRR|

Comment

Hope you waited for the recently announced nexus 7 (2).

http://chrome.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07...-love.html?m=1

Comment

I saw that anouncement and am now waiting on sending my n7 in for fixing (minor issue still love it). Asus is pretty
              Good customer service am hoping that they may consider an upgrade while its in......wishful thinking but I'm allowed to dream.
              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X