Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Motherboard has Failed me. Suggestions?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Motherboard has Failed me. Suggestions?

I bought a second GTX 670 a few weeks ago, and just tonight my second PCI-E slot on my MB has failed. It no longer detects and card at all. So, now I am the market for a new motherboard. Any suggestions? My current is a Asus P8Z77-V LK, and I have an i7 3770k, which is the 1155 chipset.

If possible, I'm not trying to spend over 200 dollars, but I need a motherboard that is specifically designed for gaming, and so on. SLI should not be a 'plus' but a core feature.

Thanks!

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein

Re: My Motherboard has Failed me. Suggestions?

I would just do some research online first just to make sure it really is the MB that has failed and not the bridge/card itself, maybe try a new SLI connector, try a single card in the same slot, try the second card in the working slot etc

Comment

I have already gone through all the troubleshooting, so I know it's not the card.

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein

Comment

I have had good experience with MSI motherboards. I don't have a recommendation for a specific model.
        Viking

Comment

Originally posted by Toptonic - Butler View Post
          If possible, I'm not trying to spend over 200 dollars, but I need a motherboard that is specifically designed for gaming, and so on. SLI should not be a 'plus' but a core feature.
          I'm a huge fan of the Asus Republic of Gamers (ROG) series boards. Check out the Maximus VI Hero board which is specifically designed for gamers. It's what I recently purchased and run. It's on sale for $200 right now.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813131989
          |TG-12th| asch
          sigpic

Comment

This was actually the board I was looking at. I just got payed so I think ill buy the board today and hope it shows up by this weekend.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X