Water Cooler?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Cooler?

So long story short, my Thermaltake Water 2.0 Extreme decided to up and die on me tonight (pump failure i'm pretty sure). Can't even call their tech support because by the time I'm home from work, they are already closed (stupid 9-5 tech support hours when I WORK from 9 to 5). That and I'm 2 months past the 1 year limited warranty (yes, I feel extra stupid for buying Tt now, rub it in some more why doncha?). I'm leaning towards getting a Corsair H100i for the added "Corsair Link" which allows me to monitor and control the cooler from Windows (as I did with my Tt). That and it's backed by a 5 year instead of a 1 year warranty.

What are you guys opinion on the H100i? Anyone own one? How is the Link software? Easy to learn and use?

Are there any other suggested 240mm water coolers? I've heard a lot of good things about the Swiftech AIO, but NewEgg doesn't seem to carry it anymore. (I $30 in NewEgg credit and am tight on money for the next week, but need the computer back up AND unwilling to go back to air for this system.)

Budget: Preferrably under $125.
    Time Limit: I need it the sooner the better, will to go up to a week including purchase, shipping/delivery, and installation.
    Warranty: the longer the better

(Please pardon spelling and grammar mistakes. Typing on a crappy laptop keyboard that makes me make more mistakes.)
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Re: Water Cooler?

Okay then, so either my post is getting purposely ignored or no one cares enough to bother posting. Guess, I'll just settle for the Corsair.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I didnt see your post until now acreo. I assume your case can fit the h100i. If you can fit it in push pull also so do that with the corsair SP 120mm fans. Works a treat. If you can fit the h110 also look at that, but be aware its a 280mm rad.
      sigpic

Former Pathfinder
      Former ARMA Admin
      Former ARMA TGU instructor
      Former TGU Headmaster
      Current Noob
      Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Comment

Originally posted by bolagnaise View Post
        I didnt see your post until now acreo. I assume your case can fit the h100i. If you can fit it in push pull also so do that with the corsair SP 120mm fans. Works a treat. If you can fit the h110 also look at that, but be aware its a 280mm rad.
        I ended up going with the H100i mainly for Corsair's Link interface software. I really like Tt's software interface with my broken cooler. It let me monitor liquid temps, fan speeds, etc. I could control the fans directly.

As for the H110, I did not get it simply because wasn't sure if I'd have trouble with it. I'm fairly sure my CM Storm Trooper can fit the 280 mm rad fine. I'm just worried about clearance if I end up doing push-pull later on with fans on both ends.
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

well, the software is pretty cool... not making a pun... I have an H80i...

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Hmm, software is weird compared to my Tt's software. Took me the last few days to get the hang of it. Interesting setup, but threw me into a learning curve. Their booklet help/readme was next to useless (it was that bad). I got everything installed in 2 hours back on Thursday morning. Overall temps are about the same as my old Tt cooler even though the rad here is like 40% thinner (huge difference when I necked the two rads together). I should prob snap a sharp picture of the insides at some point. Throw it up on Blog's thread so he has some comparison. (hehe)

The stock fans are pretty loud, but that's a given with these closed loop coolers. When I have the money and time, I'll probably replace them with a pair of Noctuas. Those things push more air and are way more silent (even quieter than those SP120s from Corsair). Ironic enough, I have a SP120 High Performance fan doing rear exhaust, right by the CPU and cooler. The cooler's fans makes my SP120 seem quiet in comparison.
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X