Sennheiser PC363D vs PC 360

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sennheiser PC363D vs PC 360

Basically what the title says! What is the main difference of these two headsets? Pros/Cons? Any personal opinions on both?

Re: Sennheiser PC363D vs PC 360

PC 350s are where it's at, man. I've had mine going on five years now and they're fantastic.

In all seriousness though, I can't tell you anything the experts can't. The big difference between the 350s and 360 is the 350s are closed and the 360s are open. So if you want to block a lot of exterior noise, pick 350s. Closed headphones give a little stronger bass as well. If you find yourself sweating in closed headphones, pick the 360s. 350s seem to be a touch better build quality, 360s are a touch lighter.

The big difference in 360 vs 363d seems to be the USB sound card bundled with the 363d. I can't speak to the quality of it as I've never used one. Reviews on the USB card seem split, most agree it can help positional audio in some games, but probably isn't worth 70$. If you have a dedicated sound card already it probably doesn't make much sense. The only other difference seems to be that the 363d is a little lighter than the 360. (280g vs 300g)

I trawled across a few resources, because I was curious about the new Sennheisers, but here's a review that covers most of the bases on the 350 SE and the 363d:

http://us.hardware.info/reviews/4496...eview-hands-on
    Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Originally posted by Strait Raider View Post
      PC 350s are where it's at, man. I've had mine going on five years now and they're fantastic.

In all seriousness though, I can't tell you anything the experts can't. The big difference between the 350s and 360 is the 350s are closed and the 360s are open. So if you want to block a lot of exterior noise, pick 350s. Closed headphones give a little stronger bass as well. If you find yourself sweating in closed headphones, pick the 360s. 350s seem to be a touch better build quality, 360s are a touch lighter.

The big difference in 360 vs 363d seems to be the USB sound card bundled with the 363d. I can't speak to the quality of it as I've never used one. Reviews on the USB card seem split, most agree it can help positional audio in some games, but probably isn't worth 70$. If you have a dedicated sound card already it probably doesn't make much sense. The only other difference seems to be that the 363d is a little lighter than the 360. (280g vs 300g)

I trawled across a few resources, because I was curious about the new Sennheisers, but here's a review that covers most of the bases on the 350 SE and the 363d:
      Thank you for the feedback! So, I did some more research after you sent me that link. Seems like now I am looking at the PC350SE and the PC360. What is the major difference with the open and closed versions? I would be using these for gaming but also other things as well!

Comment

Closed headphones insulate your ears, open headphones allow airflow.

Because they're insulated, closed headphones do a better job of blocking out exterior noise, and have more powerful bass. Because exterior noise is reduced, closed headphones can sound louder without actually being louder.

Open headphones reduce resonance that can occur in closed headphones, resulting in better audio fidelity. They also allow airflow, which can keep you cooler and more comfortable.

I looked a bit more into the specifics of the PC350 vs PC360. The PC350 has a tad better low-range while the PC360 has a little better high-range, or so the experts tell me.

If you're willing to spend the money on a Sennheiser set I don't think you'd be dissapointed with either set. (and if they're like mine, they'll last forever) The consensus seems to be that if you game somewhere where you have very little ambient noise, the 360s will sound better. If you have a fair bit of ambient noise, the 350s will probably offer the better experience.
        Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Having had both (open and closed Senn's) I would say personally that closed Sennheiser offer slightly better positional audio, but that is very subjective.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X