New graphics card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New graphics card

I use a stock HP P7-1414 and I can run Planetside 2 on low settings at about 30-40 fps. I bought this new graphics card ( ZOTAC ZT-60209-10L GeForce GT 640 2GB 64-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card ) on Newegg. What kind of fps would you guess I could get and on what settings?

Re: New graphics card

Looks like your computer is equipped with an AMD "APU". This means depending on the particular model it may have already had similar capabilities to the NVIDIA 640 you just purchased.

Tell us what processor you have for a more detailed explanation. Right click on "computer" > properties > then examine the "processor" field.
    |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

It has an AMD A8-5500 apu. The integrated graphics is an AMD Radeon HD 7560D

Comment

Neither are that great, but the GT 640 being an independent entity. you should get better performance. Don't expect much though.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Yeah I aint expecting a whole lot. Just wanted better. This computers power supply is tiny which severely limits the options for graphics cards. Along with my budget. So as long as there is some improvement I am happy.

Comment

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...ew,3107-7.html

This useful chart says it should be a 6 tier jump. So fairly noticeable.
            |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Great, thanks.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed