Memory Problems...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory Problems...

Every time i get on CS:S now, it shuts down maybe about 10-15 secs, and i get the following error message:

'The Instruction at 0x241927c5 referenced memory at 0x00b39530. The memory could not be 'read'

has anyone else received an error like this? and how do i fix it? it's kept me off of CS:S for a good two weeks now.

Re: Memory Problems...

Sounds like one of your RAM chips is faulty. Only way to fix that is to replace it. Check it by downloading and running Memtest86 or similar program to see if there is a physical issue with your ram.
    a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
    Celibacy is not Hereditary.
    Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
    Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Try boosting the voltage to your RAM by .1v. That worked for me. What kind of memory to you have?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

i'm a n00b when it comes to this stuff, so how would i be able to access that information, because i don't know what kind of memory i have.

Comment

Here's the official support page answer, which isn't really a clear cut answer since they tell you to try everything possible.

link

Comment

That error is generic, it doesn't mean your RAM is bad, it could be lots of things. Do you know how to reload?
            [TG]Slim

A member of the old school Scene,
            ACiD, iCE, CiA, UNiON, DOD, PWA, RiSC, Razor1911,gH, l0ft....When Elite wasn't a 13 year old script kiddie

Athlon64 4200 Dual Core
            Gigabyte K8N Ultra
            74Gb WD Raptor
            Leadtek 7800GTX
            2GB OCZ EL Matched DDR 533
            Zalman 7700Cu

Comment

no worries, i fixed it by a re-install, and finding out that my Steam had missed the latest update to CS:S as well, and then it began working again

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X