New PC Suggestions?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New PC Suggestions?

Well, yesterday the fans on my ASUS Radeon 9800XT pretty much kicked the bucket and I really don't want to mod my card/power supply or purchase a cooler because I have had it up to here with the setup I am using. The GF is offering to buy me new components towards a new PC and I was wondering if you guys would be able to help me with what I think I should buy.

Here's what I have in mind so far:
    -$500; willing to lean

-pci xpress SLI/Crossfire AMD 64 motherboard
    -Nvidia[SLI] or ATI[CrossFire]?

-AMD 64 3200 cpu sufficient?

-Want to get a decent graphics card, but not spend too much due to the next generation coming out shortly.
    -Radeon x600 or x700 sufficient? Sapphire?

Already own the HDs, optical drives, memory (1.5gigs DDR PC3200), power supply, and case.

Re: New PC Suggestions?

Originally posted by ultrablue
    Well, yesterday the fans on my ASUS Radeon 9800XT pretty much kicked the bucket and I really don't want to mod my card/power supply or purchase a cooler because I have had it up to here with the setup I am using. The GF is offering to buy me new components towards a new PC and I was wondering if you guys would be able to help me with what I think I should buy.

Here's what I have in mind so far:
    -$500; willing to lean

-pci xpress SLI/Crossfire AMD 64 motherboard
    -Nvidia[SLI] or ATI[CrossFire]?

-AMD 64 3200 cpu sufficient?

-Want to get a decent graphics card, but not spend too much due to the next generation coming out shortly.
    -Radeon x600 or x700 sufficient? Sapphire?

Already own the HDs, optical drives, memory (1.5gigs DDR PC3200), power supply, and case.
    At that price range forget SLI or crossfire (waste of money at any budget imo). Buy an Nforce 4 ultra board and you'll be fine ( mine's a DFI NF4 Ultra-d but i'd get an MSI if you don't wan't to OC because of the dedicated sound chip). A 3200 is definitley sufficient for most games if you don't expect to turn everthing up to ultra-high of anything but i would get a 6600GT rather than an x700.The Leadtek PX6600GT seems to be the card with the best reviews (priced about $160 ish). Though with all the new stuff you might want to consider getting a new PS but depending on what you already have you might not need it. I'll see of i can get you a list of hardware.

---

Comment

Re: New PC Suggestions?

You really need to spend the dough on a 7800GTX The card is awesome....as for a boards...people all have their favorites, but I can say from doing hundreds of system builds and upgrades we have less problems with Gigabyte boards...granted you're not gonna overclock as well but if reliablity is important then thats what I would recommend.
      [TG]Slim

A member of the old school Scene,
      ACiD, iCE, CiA, UNiON, DOD, PWA, RiSC, Razor1911,gH, l0ft....When Elite wasn't a 13 year old script kiddie

Athlon64 4200 Dual Core
      Gigabyte K8N Ultra
      74Gb WD Raptor
      Leadtek 7800GTX
      2GB OCZ EL Matched DDR 533
      Zalman 7700Cu

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement