Dual core CPUs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual core CPUs

Has anyone tried a Pentium D or Athlon X2 in a gaming rig? I'm spec'ing out my next upgrade and I'd like some stories from the real world.

I know games aren't optimized for multiple CPUs, but I've used dual CPUs in my machines for years and my experience has always been that there's enough going on in the background to justify the second CPU.

With a Pentium D 830 (dual 3.0 GHz, 1MB each) costing less than an Athlon 64 4000+ (San Diego, 2.4 GHz, 1MB), I can't see how the single core provides better price/performance. Going forward, as dual core processors become popular and games become optimized for them, the balance should shift even further in their favour.
    |TG-1stMIP|Mannerism​​​​​​​

Re: Dual core CPUs

I just upgraded and now have a X2 4400, err dunno what to say, what you wanna know lol.

I think your right, its not a fair test though cause theres not alot going on in the background, i tried runnign a scan when playing battlefield, it was cool untill it scanned the bf2 folder and it threw me out the game.

Not sure what else to say, i could run a few tests for you if you would like let me know fella

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
    X