Nostromo N52; Love or Hate?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nostromo N52; Love or Hate?

I searched and came up with 18 threads that referenced the N52. None of them really gave me a breakdown of what people thought of them. I find that I am sometimes too slow on my keyboard and would like something more intuituve and ergonomic. This seems to fit the bill. So I would like input on this item. Do you like it and why or vice versa.
    "Umm Deputy these aren't my pants" - Common alarm cry of the North American Crackhead
    [tg-c1][ma-c1][defense]

Re: Nostromo N52; Love or Hate?

Completely indespensible..... it brought my game to a whole new level.

How often do you use you left thumb? It will triple when you start using the speedpad.

Comment

To stress this enough, I CAN'T PLAY ANY COMPUTER GAME WITHOUT MY N52!!
      If you would like to see my profile for BF2, I can upload it to you somehow. I started out with the N50 in RTCW and began using the N52 when I was playing planetside. I will never play a computer game without the use of my N52, I utterly refuse. Hope to see you on the BF2 server; I'm the guy spamming, "Get health packs here".

Comment

I've been fiddling with the N50 and didn't really like it too much. It felt like a bunch of keys were suddenly missing unless I started using on-the-fly keypad shifting. Shifting was just too much thinking for BF2 where I want access to a lot of keys. It did feel better for Counter-Strike though. With the N52's extra row of keys, I expect it to be much better than a keyboard. It definitely looks like you can access more keys without having to shift.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrablue
          If you would like to see my profile for BF2, I can upload it to you somehow.
          We have a members download section just for this sort of thing. PM Apophis about getting it uploaded. I'd like to check it out as well.
          New to TG?

Comment

i bought one and used it for a couple weeks. by the time i got used to it, i was tired of it.

the thumb buttons were basically worthless, as was the scrollwheel. which left the dpad and part of a keyboard. i used the dpad for crouch/prone/sprint (tried to use it to jump, too, but it was akward), couldn't really find anything else to use it for.

i really just fail to see the advantage over a keyboard.
            [TG]epheneh

Comment

Burble and Squid - I will post my config in an array of screen shots so you guys can see the full layout. I must mention that I use a Logitech MX1000 mouse for reload, sprint, iron sights, and 3 weapons for the side thumb buttons.

Comment

Burble and Squid - I will post my config in an array of screen shots so you guys can see the full layout. I must mention that I use a Logitech MX1000 mouse for reload, sprint, iron sights, and 3 weapons for the side thumb buttons. I play using ASDF style movement with the middle of the pad (I think this is default config) and use the nintendo styled thumb rocker pad for parachute/zoom radar/score list/and VOIP. It will probably be a bit overwhelming at first, but once you are used to it, it can be very rewarding.

Comment

Love my N52... Can't play FPS games without it. The wheel is useless, but I use all the other features.

ABPositive

Comment

hated it. thumb button things sucked...actually LESS keys than I use on the keyboard...
                    took it back and got a saitek x45 instead

Comment

I am looking for something for a groundpounder. The saitek x45 you mention looks more like a flight sim controller. Do you use this for FPS?
                      "Umm Deputy these aren't my pants" - Common alarm cry of the North American Crackhead
                      [tg-c1][ma-c1][defense]

Comment

n52 > all (including keyboard).
                        I even made a profile so i could type with one hand using shifts, but that was just silliness (now that my keyboard is a part of my computer).

Not to mention, the macro software is amazing (i fiddled with it, but don't use it in game).

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle
                          I am looking for something for a groundpounder. The saitek x45 you mention looks more like a flight sim controller. Do you use this for FPS?
                          yeah...i use it for bf2...awesome for that (the x45)
                          i just added up how many keys i used on the keyboard and how many i used on the nostormoaueorna thing and...the keyboard beats it...did i mention that thumb thing is worthless?

the probably real answer: im too lazy to try something new and better...well i tried it...i just couldnt stick with it

probably afraid too...

Comment

So I just got the N52 tonight. I also bought the Razer Diamondback mouse. Between the two I am officially the most craptastic player now. OMG, what a suck fest I have been having! Just when I was starting to get comfortable with the keyboard set up.

I think the N52 will eventually work and will definitely take some getting used to . The buttons are actually closer together than on my keyboard.

The mouse is extraordinarily sensitive. I move it 1/16th of an inch and I have done a friggen 360!
                            [tg-c1][ma-c1][defense]

Comment

I bought a n52, tried it, hated it, put it in a box. Three months later I decided to give it a try again - this time I stuck with it for a week in BF2, getting my arse kicked, but once I got the hang of the thing, it was great. I love it now and use it for every game I play.
                              [volun]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X