PCI Express

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCI Express

Nice little "preview" of this new technology that will replace both PCI and AGP slots next year :D

http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1087

The PCI-Express bus will no longer be a single parallel data bus through which all data is routed at a set rate. Rather, an assembly of serial, point-to-point wired, individually clocked ‘lanes’ each consisting of two pairs of data lines will carry data upstream and downstream. As the technology goes to market, each of these lanes should be capable of a 2.5Gb/s data rate in each direction. The overall sustained transfer rate roughly equals 200MB/s.
    Check it out!
    From Adam Webb

When I have a Serial ATA, PCI Express, AMD 64 Socket 939 based PC, I'll be one happy man... :)

Comment

amen
      From Adam Webb

Comment

Originally posted by Spectre
        When I have a Serial ATA, PCI Express, AMD 64 Socket 939 based PC, I'll be one happy man... :)
        What'll be the main bottleneck on PC performance then?
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
          That pron he dl's :D
          WARNING: DO NOT LET DR. MARIO TOUCH YOUR GENITALS. HE IS NOT A REAL DOCTOR.

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
            the user :? :D

But then HDD's are still at a snail pace of 60-70mb/s thats so poor compaired to the 3 to 6gb/s for memory (daul)
            From Adam Webb

Comment

Originally posted by Overlag
              But then HDD's are still at a snail pace of 60-70mb/s thats so poor compaired to the 3 to 6gb/s for memory (daul)
              Sooo, we need 100gig flash storage to be made affordable...
              Become a supporting member!
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

now that WOULD rule

There are some solid state drives around, but you said Affordable so...er....:(

they also die fast aparently
                From Adam Webb

Comment

No...the main bottleneck will still be memory speed, as only the CONTROLLER operates at the CPU speed, not the memory. The best memory we have today goes to around DDR600 when OCed, 550 non-OCed.

Besides the memory...YES the Harddisk still runs at a comparatively pokey pace.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X