Last Rites

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Rites

After years of faithful service, my beloved Logitech G7 is in its death throes. So, any recommendations for a BF4 player? A few extra buttons are a bonus as is adjustable DPI on the fly.

Also, thoughts on wired vs. wireless? Not hearsay, but actual empirical evidence.
    |TG|Melee
    Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Re: Last Rites

I switched to a Razer death adder. While not a lot of buttons I have found it to be extremely responsive. I came from a g5 and haven't looked back.

And personal thought is always wired when u can
    sigpic

Comment

When my trusted mouse died, I had a viking funeral for it....Pyre and all. It was quite moving.

Then I got myself a 500s with a new MOUSE PAD. While the mouse pad was a bit much (I saw it and wanted it...didn't need it) the mouse itself is awesome!. Three extra buttons on the side, on the fly sensitivity settings, and it has weights in it so you can get the right amount for you. Having a little weight makes it awesome when doing things like sniping or playing RTS's where you have to have "fine clicking"

Check it out! You wont regret it. Besides, hil3illy is from Canada so you can't trust him ;)

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

I'd back Dredges suggestion of a 500s, or G900. Wired for sure

Comment

IF your G7 just died, I had better keep a close watch on my beloved G5. I am on my third set of mouse feet.

Comment

Originally posted by davemccr View Post
            Wired for sure
            But why? I like wireless, so I need a reason that wired is better.

I think I bought the G7 in '05 and it was flawless up until now, so between that and my two Logitechs at work, I'm already leaning G602 or G700s. But I want to hear what others use and how they like it.
            |TG|Melee

Comment

I love my G700! It is a wired/less mouse. Whenever I need wireless, I just pull the wired cable out and it uses the usb wireless receiver. Whenever it needs recharging I just plug it back in and keep going! No need to ever stop or replace batteries! It will usually last me most of the day without needing a recharge too!

It's also got more buttons than you can shake a stick at and you can change the dpi settings on the fly as well.

Something that is neat but not really necessary: The scroll wheel can be like your typical mouse wheel, where when you roll it, it will just move up or down a click. But if you click a button, you can roll it and it will freespin! Good for when you get those long webpages.

Newegg has it on sale for $20 off too!
              Last edited by ScratchnSniff0; 03-31-2014, 11:11 AM. Reason: Corrections

"Quando omni flunkus moritati" -Red Green Show
              [Link to my Youtube!] [Link to my Twitch!]
              [support]

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
                ...... Besides, hil3illy is from Canada so you can't trust him ;)
                Take that with a grain of salt, look who is saying it!

I sitll use my G5 with my laptop and having the wieghts is nice. I have found that of the pieces of hardware that are used with the PC the mouse is the most personal. It has to feel right and the only way to do that is try different ones out.

My preference for wired though is through anecdotal evidence only, I find I have input lag when using wireless keyboards/mice. Again more of a personal thing. I like what Scratch is saying about the G700 though, being able to charge it and use it is nice.
                sigpic

Comment

I will second the G700 or G700s. I love both of mines. (Yes I have both, the G700s was a replacement for my failing G700). I also still have all three G7s still in use, even if their buttons double-click like mad.
                  |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                  TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                  Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                  Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by hil3illy View Post
                    Take that with a grain of salt, look who is saying it!
                    Touche eh? Lol.

As for wired/wireless I have never really delved into that debate. I have always just stuck with wired ones for no reason other than sometimes I knock it off my computer desk and the wire keeps it from going across the room ;)

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Stay away from Razer. They dont last. Had a deathadder and the mouse buttons get worn out very quickly. Mine only lasted about a year.

I have since been with a Logitech G700s (updated version) and its been going strong for a year and a half so far.

Comment

Given all the positive feedback on the G700s, and my favorable track record with Logitech, I've ordered the G700s. I look forward to the extra buttons. Thanks for the feedback!
                        |TG|Melee

Comment

Yep all the good talk about the G700s has me looking for a sale now as well. I took out my old G5 to use with the laptop at work and have been reminded why I like the feel of it so much. The extra buttons will be nice to have once more as well.
                          sigpic

Comment

I had the G700 and it was awesome. I got a free G700s from Logitech and gave my 700 to my folks. I prefered the 700 in hindsight, not because of the physical mouse (both are excellent) but the software I used on W7 was far better. I use the new software from Logitech and it is shocking, so so so bad on W8.1. It constantly resets the mouse DPI, in game, on restart, and just randomly.

Get the mouse, its amazing, particularly if you are not on Windows 8. If you are, get the old software.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepo View Post
                              I had the G700 and it was awesome. I got a free G700s from Logitech and gave my 700 to my folks. I prefered the 700 in hindsight, not because of the physical mouse (both are excellent) but the software I used on W7 was far better. I use the new software from Logitech and it is shocking, so so so bad on W8.1. It constantly resets the mouse DPI, in game, on restart, and just randomly.

Get the mouse, its amazing, particularly if you are not on Windows 8. If you are, get the old software.
                              Make sure you have the older versions uninstalled. Also make sure you are saving the settings to the PC. Otherwise, it might replace your PC settings with the onboard mouse settings (seems to be default behavior depending on if you switch from onboard to local often or not).

I haven't had that issue. My only issue is that sometimes the LGS software won't detect certain games as running and thus my special keybinds for that game don't work until I kill the process and restart the program.
                              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                              TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                              Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                              Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X