Corsair Link and Windows 8.1 Compatibility

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] Corsair Link and Windows 8.1 Compatibility

Corsair Link is compatible with Windows 8.1 and has been for at least several weeks.

First beta version that was compatible and working with Windows 8.1: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost...0&postcount=38

Current Version of Corsair Link: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=125350

So that means I'll be rolling out the 8.1 and 8.1 Update tomorrow onto my main desktop, especially considering the recent news about Microsoft forcing the 8.1 Update onto 8.1 users.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Re: Corsair Link and Windows 8.1 Compatibility

now to update to 8.1 and by the way, the NB sensor is reading incorrectly... oh well

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
      now to update to 8.1 and by the way, the NB sensor is reading incorrectly... oh well
      That's integrated into your AMD processor. Nothing to do with motherboard nowadays... And if we are talking about CPU temps, then try CoreTemp.
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Wait, the North Bridge sensor is part of the CPU?

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
          Wait, the North Bridge sensor is part of the CPU?
          Most of the traditional northbridge (NB) components are now integrated into the CPU. It's been this way since Phenom II and the first-gen Core i chips. As far as I know, the NB does not have any sensors, so you are assigning this "sensor" to the wrong component. The NB traditionally consisted of: memory controller, PCI-E controller, AGP bus controller, and data-link interface with the southbridge (SB). Most of these (well AGP isn't used anymore...) are now integrated into the CPUs along with some additional components. Intel is calling theirs Platform Controller Hub (PCH). I can't remember if AMD ever assigned a name to their integrations. Actually, AMD started integrated MCH (memory controller hub) into their chips as early as AMD64 era of chips.

The "sensor" has to be either some additional chip on the motherboard or something in the CPU. Neither NB or SB contains any temperature sensors as far as I know of.
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

That might have happened when a freak spike in cpu temps happened the same night as the sensor problem... Hmmm...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X