build design request

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• build design request

Guys, I am trying to come up with an affordable solution for a computer build capable of playing BF4 and Star Citizen. I need to have multiple designs to present which represent both AMD, Intel, and Nvidia possible configurations.

I am familiar with the AMD FX tower type builds, but my knowledge of the desktop APU market and designs is sorely lacking. I should also mention that I know little of modern tower based Intel processors. I am familiar with AMD graphics cards, but I am not experienced with Nvidia. My last Nvidia card is a GeForce 4. (Which still works.)

The price range is between $400 and $800 to start with and it is desired that the motherboard be higher end in order to allow for greater expandability and usability for the future. This does apply to the AMD APU line as long as the same socket is used when new CPU lineups come out.

The person is in no hurry, as graduation is soon and a summer job will be needed before buying a computer.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Re: build design request

If he can afford a FX-4300, then I would not suggest looking at a APU as none of them come with L3 cache which can be sorely needed for gaming. Is his budget including accessories, monitor, and OS or just the box?
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Re: build design request

He is looking at the box, as he still have a mouse, key board, and he is working on a TV/ monitor as we speak...

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X