AMD release Shadow Play alternative

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD release Shadow Play alternative

Not something I really worry about too much, I rarely make video, but it is nice to have the option without having to use FRAPS with its crazy file sizes, and if it truly is like shadow play and records with no effect on game play all the better!

http://raptr.com/TinyDino/news/53a36...lient-redesign

Re: AMD release Shadow Play alternative

Sounds great, but the installer is not installing the latest version, supposed to be 3.9 but it installs 3.8.

Comment

Did Raptr get bought by AMD?

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

It is installing the right version now, but the darn thing just does not work, cannot record anything, I also noticed a drop in performance when playing bf4 so I uninstalled it. :row1_20:

Comment

It's a very incomplete beta as of now. No 64bit or mantle support, so if you're running BF4 or other games with those options there will be a conflict. May be best to hold off until the app is finalized, although there's no word that mantle will be supported in the near future.

:icon_frow
          |RIP| Counter=Ops 12.09.09 : Marine - Squadmate - Friend
          sigpic

Comment

Zippy, at least if you use the AMD Raptr client while gaming you can get reward points. If you get enough of them, you can get graphic cards...

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

No doubt Siege. I use it to optimize games and then fine tune the settings while in game.

The problems I was referring to are the new DVR and some overlay features. After testing today, they simply don't work when in 64bit or mantle mode - which is ironically what AMD tauts as their performance enhancer...

:icon_frow
              |RIP| Counter=Ops 12.09.09 : Marine - Squadmate - Friend
              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse