No announcement yet.

Computer in Amazon Cart, last thoughts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer in Amazon Cart, last thoughts?

I have these items in my amazon cart which I will use on my first ever build.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/JA8YEYHW0XGP

Anything blatantly wrong? Everything going to fit OK in that case? Will performance on the r9 270 be able to handle next gen games moderately well or should I be looking at nvidias alternative gtx 760? etc...

Limit is about 800-900$ for the computer with windows. I also plan on buying more case fans, thermal paste, a dvd drive, and maybe a 3rd party CPU cooler.

Thanks for your input, I've been thinking about buying one for forever now.

“Big Brother is Watching You.”
    ― George Orwell, "1984"

Re: Computer in Amazon Cart, last thoughts?

[MENTION=55655]penandpencilman[/MENTION]
    Consider the 270X or the 280. The 760 isn't bad though.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Also:

Motherboard

Your current B series mobo does NOT allow you to overclock your K processor. You'd need at least a Z series board for that. My recommendation: http://www.amazon.com/MSI-Motherboar...650001&sr=1-11

RAM

Go for 16 GBs dual-channel kit rather than "saving" the money short-term on a single stick. You'll gain better performance out of your gaming rig and it'll end up saving you at least $20 down the road (instead of upgrading later). My recommendation: http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Vengea...4649831&sr=1-2

SSD

Your 1 TB is fine for storing media and large files, but hard drives are notoriously prone to failures nowadays. Get an SSD for your OS and as a main applications drive. You'll benefit from the fast boot/shut down/loading times, longer life than most hard drives, and you'll save a significant amount of cash if you buy now rather than later. My recommendation: http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Electr...1&keywords=ssd
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Did you end up purchasing already or do you need more advice/help?
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Unless you have a lot of stuff, I'd get a 256GB SSD drive instead. Well worth it. Then get a cheap 1TB storage drive for your Video and photo collection. An SSD will greatly increase loading times.

If you can also go for 16GB of Memory. The cheapest will do (faster Memory is like a 1% speedup).

Comment

PCPartpicker is an excellent resource. It will even tell you parts conflicts. Even if your RAM and motherboard voltages won't mesh.
            sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X