Opinions on a custom build I am doing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on a custom build I am doing

I am trying to get a PC mainly for games such as BattleField 4 (I want around 60FPS) and CS GO(if it runs battlefield, I'll get 200 fps). So I came up with a list of parts I've been looking into and thought this would be good for me.

Note: I have $700 limit but I am currently per so I want to get a little bit lower without compromising experience. If I can get to $650, I will he'd tears. I also want to be able to stream high FpS, but I don't NEED this so don't focus on this.

All opinions are appreciated and thanks for your time.

AMD FX-4170, EVGA GeForce GTX 750, Thermaltake VL800P1W2N (Black/Red) - Build 1 - BolivianRAMPAGE's Saved Part List - PCPartPicker
    Questions about those who deserve it!
    "Remember, no survivors" -Myself and probably what explains my methods the most

Re: Opinions on a custom build I am doing

you could save some money if you ask your friends or family especially if they are students, if they have an extra copy of windows. I got mine from a friend for free who got it for free from school lol

Comment

AMD FX-4350 4.2GHz Quad-Core Processor $130

AMD FX-6350 3.9GHz 6-Core Processor $137

AMD FX-8120 3.1GHz 8-Core Processor $140

just consider these other options for CPUs. I have an 8120 and I have it running at 4.2 Ghz constantly, so it is what it is.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

If you're able to, scavenge some parts from your current rig to save money. ie. case and DVD.

My opinion has always been to spend as much as you can afford on your graphics card, especially for a gaming rig. That GTX 750 will most likely allow you to play modern games but, it's doubtful it will get you the fps or graphics quality you're looking for. Generally speaking, the GTX x50 cards are budget cards for work stations and such. If you can swing it, get into at least a GTX 760. If it's too expensive, you might consider looking at AMD's graphics card offerings, as they're a bit cheaper, iirc.

sigpic

Comment

I took the DVD drive from another PC I had in the house, then I came up with another build.
          AMD FX-6300, Asus Radeon HD 7770, Thermaltake VL800P1W2N (Black/Red) - Build 3 - BolivianRAMPAGE's Saved Part List - PCPartPicker
          How's that, it's a lot cheaper without really compromising the experience I think.

Comment

I might also get another a second 7770 later this year and I will ask my sister if her university supplies free windows 8 copies. If not, there is a guy on WoodyCraft.net that gives them away for free since he is a "Microsoft Sponsor" or something and gives them away constantly. Apparently he's legit

Comment

Have you thought about looking at an R9 270?

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
                Have you thought about looking at an R9 270?
                Damn, nice tip man. This card runs battlefield 4 at ultra with 45+ FPS. The 7770 only does high at 55 and for just a $35 difference! +1

Comment

You might as well step up and get the R9 270X or 280 while you're at it. I have the 270 in another rig and it runs BF4 fine-ish. When it comes to 32 players having a brawl in the same room, framerates drop to single digits. At least with a 270X or 280, you'd have more overclocking headroom too, whereas most overclocked 270s might only reach 95% of a 270X's performance.

I would also highly suggest a 120-240/256 GB SSD as your primary boot and applications drive. The benefits of that alone is staggering. It is both very noticeable and will probably outlive your hard disk drive (as far as failures are concerned).

Here's a reference list of parts: AMD FX-6300, MSI Radeon R9 270X, Antec VSK-4000 - System Build - PCPartPicker

That's one possible build for you to consider. Better bang for your money. You can shave off the optical drive if you plan on re-using older parts or perhaps even Windows 8.1 if you can get it via MSDNAA (Microsoft Network Academic Alliance partnership with your college/university as long as you are a enrolled full-time technology major of some sort).
                  |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                  TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                  Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                  Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Wow, didn't realize the 270 chugged when it gets congested.

Comment

/p/NcYV23 (to use on pcpartpicker)

Take a look at this man, I just edited your build a little bit, swapped out things for brands I trust a little more, and in some cases were cheaper, but the GPU is significantly more powerful, and only bumped the price a little. The motherboard doesn't have a lot of room to grow, but maybe one day when you are sitting better, you could upgrade that and still keep your current components.
                      sigpic

Comment

what did you end up getting? I just ordered parts over the weekend and the problem is there is always going to be the ole "well if im getting that i might as well spend a few more bucks and get that" at some point ya just gotta say thats good enough,if your on a budget..I was going for around a $500 and ending up spending a little over $600 but i got a good rig that should run bf4 pretty damn good

Comment

Yeah Bolivian, what did you end up doing man? If anything? Sometimes when balancing these performance vs. budget questions, we end up shelving the project until we get more money. lol Is that what has happened here, or did you end up building it after all?
                          "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X