Flashing bios

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flashing bios

I have the K7N2 MSI mainboard, model number is MS-6570-010 and bios currently reads "w6570ms v5.0"

However, on MSI's website the latest version for my model number is 5.0 and since I haven't flashed the bios before, how is this possible?

The Delta series bios' start from 5.0 latest being 5.6 but since my board is not listed as a delta, which bios version should i flash to?

Solved myself, I found my old Live Update disc and it seems to have upped it for me, turns out I have Delta model after all.

Comment

Yeah, MSI is really confusing with the Delta series. It's tough for me to find the bios link on their website for my non-Delta version. I hope somebody got fired in marketing.:D

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc=
        Yeah, MSI is really confusing with the Delta series. It's tough for me to find the bios link on their website for my non-Delta version. I hope somebody got fired in marketing.:D
        Sorry for that, the Delta series came out 2 weeks after I sold you the board in Feb of 2003. :( ;)

Comment

Sarc, use Live Update 3, it will detect and update for you :)
          I can ony assume they stopped making bios for the non-delta but made delta bios compatible (they are same model number and not caused me any problems)

Comment

They still have different bios's. I rarely bother to update anyway. I'll check in a few months to see if they've fixed anything good. Not that there's anything wrong with the board. I just want support for that nVidia control software! It may suck but I want support like the other boards! :D

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X