Mouse issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mouse issues

Hi, I have a logitek G500 wired mouse, its about 3-4 months old and has been cutting out and on randomly. I have search for a fix and have tried most of what I have read and still a no go. It started just a couple weeks ago and is becoming more frequent. Hear is a list of what I have tried.

1. Reinstalled drivers.
    2. installed g500 drivers.
    3. made sure usb had full power.
    4 tried all usb ports.
    5. used another mouse= worked fine.
    6. root hub (power saving off)

I have tried everything except the G500 in another computer as I have no other. It appears many people have a similar problem but everything I have read are mostly just complaints and not many fixes. Other then sending the mouse back I am at a lost for what else to try. Thought I would exhaust all other options before doing that, and I know TG is full of knowledge so HELP! ME! :) thank you, always appreciated.

Re: Mouse issues

Maybe is it an issue with a loose wire. Try pushing the cable in different directions at the base to see if it changes the behavior.
    Viking

Comment

Sounds like you've checked off most things. Worse case send it back to logitech; I recently had to RMA back a mechanical keyboard to Logitech because the keys started falling off after a year. They make the process pretty painless in my experience.

Comment

The wire is good, it was actually the first thing I checked. check connection/cables first always. This morning however it is doing something new, my cursor is almost unresponsive. it hasnt cut out, all my buttons work , but it dosnt want to drag my cursor across the screen. So looks like I will be sending it back as I am almost certain it is a mouse issue and not my PC. Thank you for the replies.

Comment

Could it be your USB port? I know that on my old laptop my mouse would stop working and I ended up replacing it before I realized my USB port was dying. Does everything light up when its plugged in? When it stops working are the lights still on?

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Yes all ports seem to be fine and I have lights. Strange thing though, after dealing with customer support they agreed to send me a new mouse. I plugged in my wacom tablet to use my touch pen as a mouse so I could drag and drop pic Logitech requested in email, after plugging in my wacom my mouse is now responding. I will see how long it lasts, might have been a software conflict, only thing is I have not used my wacom in months. SMH IDK lol

Comment

Maybe your PSU's not supplying enough power? Other than that, it might just be a faulty mouse. See if that new one Logitech is sending out works or not. If it does, faulty mouse. If it doesn't, we can look at other possibilities.
              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
              TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
              Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
              Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I must say I am pleased with Logitech, I received an Email notifying me they no longer have the G500 so they gave me a choice of the G502 and G602, I choose the 502 :D and should have it in 7 to 10 business days, woohoo! upgrade! Anyone else running with this mouse? It had good reviews on new egg.

Comment

I dont have it, but was looking at it for an upgrade...so YOU tell ME how it is ;)

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

I'm having a similar issue with my Razor, not that it's cutting out but that it starts skipping and hard to "drag" across the screen, and even hard to click on a icon or window exit or whatever... so much to the point that I've pretty much stopped PC gaming till I can fix it... tried different ports and even bought a new mouse, a razor again...and still the same thing, so got to be a PC/windows issue.
                    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X