Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally have the cash to drop on a proper build! :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally have the cash to drop on a proper build! :)

OK Guise, I have been doing some research into a new build so I thought I'd start sharing my thoughts here. This isn't going to be one of these "oh I have all this in my cart and I'm about to pull the trigger, what do you think?" posts, but rather I am carefully researching everything for a planned purchase in about a month or so. So I may even be able to take advantage of some Black Friday / Cyber Monday deals if any are available which are close to my needs.

I don't have a particular budget in mind, but so far I am at about $1,800.00, of which ~$1,200 is the computer and the other ~$600 are peripherals (mouse, keyboard, speakers). This is a little more than I wanted to spend, but I figure those peripherals I can continue to use for a while into my next build and maybe longer. Same thing with case, PSU, etc. I don't mind spending money on quality with the hope that it lasts a good long while. Besides, I would just like to build a proper gaming rig for the first time in my life and not have to cut too many corners nor make too many compromises anywhere.

Having said that, this is not going to be a top end rig though for unlimited budget. I guess what I am going for here is "most bang for the buck" without any particular budget in mind, and so far it is coming out at around $1,800. OK, so without further ado, here is what I am working with so far (this should be viewable publicly):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bym...ew?usp=sharing

I think I have zeroed in on the CPU and GPU but other research is ongoing. And of course the market/pricing may change in the next month or so and I may make further adjustments...
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Re: Finally have the cash to drop on a proper build! :)

Click this to party like a rock star

That seems like a good deal with Star Citizen and Alien, unless you have already pre-ordered Star Citizen. But seems to be a good deal anyway.

Comment

Yikes QQ, reading the comments, apparently that thing requires 2x 8 pin power connectors.

I might want to add a second R9 280X in a year or two if I feel I need a performance boost, or to extend the life of the machine before re-upping into the next gen graphics card or a new rig.

And yes I already pre ordered Star Citizen. I was one of the last to get in before the Beta closed in fact.

But good lookin out all the same, I appreciate it man.
      "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

You know what though, on second thought, man that is pretty much the same price as the R9 280X that I was considering... And according to the following link would be a significant performance boost... Hmm...

September 2014: Graphics Card Performance Per Dollar

I could always gift the extra copy of SC to someone here at TG...

Anyone have any experience with HIS cards though? In the past I have shied away from names I wasn't familiar with, I would usually rather spend a few more bucks for a name I recognize, or at least something with more positive reviews. But maybe I am being overly cautious?

Comment

Let's go through those parts:

Case: Tt V71

Eh, it's okay. I'm not a huge fan of Tt's current line of cases. Personally would have gone with a Cooler Master, Corsair, or another brand of case entirely just to experiment if for nothing else.

CPU: i5

Fine. I'd probably stick with AMD at this point, but to each its own. I've already talked enough about each platform and most of you have probably done your own research to know the good and bad.

Cooler: Corsair H100i

I own one. Going strong after nearly a year (got it to replace a failed Tt water cooler). Has the Corsair Link software so I can monitor the cooler and some internal temps (as reported by both the cooler and motherboard). That is half the reason I got it. The other half is the 240mm radiator. Larger area to cool that water down faster. Better temps overall for those overclocks.

The H80i is pretty good too, a bit of whine at higher RPMs and a somewhat low buzz at slower speeds (as reported by some owners). I personally don't own one, so I can't attest.

The Seidon 120V is the value water cooler in Cooler Master's lineup. I have it in a Intel development rig. Whiney as hell and uses a PWM fan that honestly is quite terrible and has questionable longetivity. It's a sleeve bearing fan (no ball bearings or other longer life sleeve bearings, just plain ol' sleeve). Sitting at idling speeds, it's fine. At gaming, the thing can be heard quite distinctly. Many owners (except for me) have replaced the stock fan with a better quality PWM fan right after buying because of the whine.

The Hyper 212 Evo is pretty good for a air cooler. Just a slightly bigger version of the original Hyper 212. I've installed both in many rigs and temperature wise I don't notice more than a degree or two difference. It's better than the stock cooler on load, but the above water coolers beat this value air cooler hands down. It's fine for moderate overclocks. Just watch your temps if you do OC with this cooler. Does poorly in warm/humid environments (would not even recommend more than a bus bump OC).

RAM - 16 GB of DDR3-1600

Good choice.

SSD + HDD

Good choices there. I'd probably store non-critical files on the HDD. Save some room on your SSD for critical (read: very important) files. Or get a flash drive to store those files.

PSU: Corsair AX760

That would also be my choice. I have it in my current rig after it replaced the previous failed Corsair AX750 (different OEM). The current generation of AX PSUs are manufactured by Flextronics (Taiwan). Single rail PSU so you don't have to worry about potentially running into a situation where one or more of your drive components are not getting enough power (issue with most multi-rail designs that don't facilitate enough power to devices such as multiple HDDs and burners).
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

If your build can wait until the black friday timeframe then I would suggest not pulling the trigger on anything until then unless it is an absolute steal. Figure out your budget and then figure out multiple options for each component - then by black friday you should be able to score some decent deals. Sounds like your pretty much planning to do just that!

Some quick observations:

1. You have no motherboard listed in your spreadsheet. Typically you need to start there or at least second after picking CPU brand.

2. Do you need to buy Windows?

3. Are you really going to spend $150 on a keyboard? I realize keyboards are very user specific so maybe you want a fancy mechanical one but if there was ever an area to pinpoint to save money that would be an easy target.

4. Do you have a microcenter nearby? They have amazing deals on CPUs/motherboards during the year.

5. Case - it you really want that one you may want to buy it now. $20 coupon code expires 10/13 - $30 rebate expires 10/12. Personally I'd look at other options - it doesn't sound like you'll be doing watercooling so your probably paying a premium for "Compatible With Extreme Liquid Cooling Builds" that you won't make use of. Lots of quality cases in the $100 range that if you can find on sale could save ya some money.

6. Monitor wise - anything being reused from a current build? If your starting from scratch, $150 might be a bit low if you want something decent.
            |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

FYI, when several options were listed, it's because I was considering all of them. But whatever option is listed that is included in the sum is the the one I am leaning toward at the moment.

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
              Let's go through those parts:

Case: Tt V71

Eh, it's okay. I'm not a huge fan of Tt's current line of cases. Personally would have gone with a Cooler Master, Corsair, or another brand of case entirely just to experiment if for nothing else.
              What don't you like about it? Just the look? Or are there bad fits? Or what?

Because I think I am really liking that case. It's very roomy and has lots of room for expansion, but you can also remove unused drive bays for a cleaner look and better airflow. Tool-less drive installation, huge 200mm fans (x3) including removeable / cleanable filters for all fans.

I also like the blue/black color scheme and cool yet understated look. So many of these "gaming" cases look like an ADD riddled teenager's wet dream, the PC equivalent of a 2fast2furious, front spoiler, weed eater engine sounding drift car. In short, they are obnoxious, IMO. I much prefer the look of this case (in addition to all the features).

CPU: i5

Fine. I'd probably stick with AMD at this point, but to each its own. I've already talked enough about each platform and most of you have probably done your own research to know the good and bad.
              Actually, I have always been an AMD guy. In fact, this would be my first ever Intel build. DUN DUN DUN DUN.... lol But seriously, it just seems that everything I read keeps pointing me to that i5-4690k as being the most bang for your buck right now.

And no, I am not aware of the good and bad you speak of. Enlighten me?

Cooler: Corsair H100i

I own one. Going strong after nearly a year (got it to replace a failed Tt water cooler). Has the Corsair Link software so I can monitor the cooler and some internal temps (as reported by both the cooler and motherboard). That is half the reason I got it. The other half is the 240mm radiator. Larger area to cool that water down faster. Better temps overall for those overclocks.

The H80i is pretty good too, a bit of whine at higher RPMs and a somewhat low buzz at slower speeds (as reported by some owners). I personally don't own one, so I can't attest.

The Seidon 120V is the value water cooler in Cooler Master's lineup. I have it in a Intel development rig. Whiney as hell and uses a PWM fan that honestly is quite terrible and has questionable longetivity. It's a sleeve bearing fan (no ball bearings or other longer life sleeve bearings, just plain ol' sleeve). Sitting at idling speeds, it's fine. At gaming, the thing can be heard quite distinctly. Many owners (except for me) have replaced the stock fan with a better quality PWM fan right after buying because of the whine.

The Hyper 212 Evo is pretty good for a air cooler. Just a slightly bigger version of the original Hyper 212. I've installed both in many rigs and temperature wise I don't notice more than a degree or two difference. It's better than the stock cooler on load, but the above water coolers beat this value air cooler hands down. It's fine for moderate overclocks. Just watch your temps if you do OC with this cooler. Does poorly in warm/humid environments (would not even recommend more than a bus bump OC).
              Great discussion on the coolers I was considering, thanks for all your input.

Basically what I did was just start at the best performing coolers there according to FrostyTech's testing, and work my way down until I found some that were reasonably priced. Honestly I have always felt that water cooling was an overpriced gimmick, in the past I have used Evo 212 because I read on another cooler review site (forget where now) that it was pretty close to water cooling results, for much less $ obviously. But you sound more experienced with it, are you saying that some of these are actually worth the money? I guess I always felt that if you were going to spend $100-150 on a cooler to overclock, well then why not instead just spend that money on a faster processor? lol

Having said all of that, I do keep hearing lots of good things about the 100i. And the actual performance (at least according to FrostyTech) checks out. If I could find it for less than $100 I would definitely pull the trigger on it, maybe I will luck out and find a sale. Or convince myself that I can use it over multiple builds... lol

The Seidon 120V was on a great sale for $29.99 but that's already over actually, and it's back up to $49.99 now. But even at that price it's pretty good performance for the money, even if I have to buy an additional fan. If that's their entry level though I would be concerned about longevity.

I guess it will just come down to whatever the best performing cooler is that I can pick up for the best sale price. What I might even do is, if I see another really good sale, maybe initiate my 30 day trial of NewEgg Premier, and that way I could pick up one or two items at a time if they happen to be on a really good sale between now and Black Friday.

RAM - 16 GB of DDR3-1600

Good choice.
              Yeah I figured that would get me going. 8x2 for now, I am spending enough $ as it is. lol I do like to have a lot of things open simultaneously though, so eventually I would add another 8x2 to max it out at 32. Again, doing whatever I can to mitigate costs and sort of upgrade over time to extend the build life...

SSD + HDD

Good choices there. I'd probably store non-critical files on the HDD. Save some room on your SSD for critical (read: very important) files. Or get a flash drive to store those files.
              Yeah after having an HDD crash last year with some company accounting data on it, I finally got around to setting up an encrypted volume inside a DropBox container for secure cloud storage of the most important stuff. I'm very happy with that solution and it's already saved my bacon on at least one occasion. Yay me. :)

But yeah, I figured like a ~240GB SSD for boot/apps/games + 1 or 2 TB HDD for media storage, for starters. Research continues in this area, but in the past I have liked the WD Black HDDs. Not sure if still true, but they used to have a 5yr warranty. As far as SSD, this will be a first for me actually, so I need to do more research there and see who is making good ones currently. A while back I heard Intel were the best ones, not sure if that still holds true or not.

PSU: Corsair AX760

That would also be my choice. I have it in my current rig after it replaced the previous failed Corsair AX750 (different OEM). The current generation of AX PSUs are manufactured by Flextronics (Taiwan). Single rail PSU so you don't have to worry about potentially running into a situation where one or more of your drive components are not getting enough power (issue with most multi-rail designs that don't facilitate enough power to devices such as multiple HDDs and burners).
              Yeah the two on my list were basically a toss up between them. Other than the top grate, they look like they might even be the same PSU. lol If you look at the connector panel, they look exactly the same, maybe they are, who knows. You know how it is with PSU Mfrs...

One thing I am sold on though are those 80 Plus Platinum PSUs. I figure not only are they energy efficient, but the quality of components and build should (hopefully) also last a while, ideally a couple of builds, or more if I am lucky.

FWIW, I did actually run a calculation over at eXtreme Power Supply Calculator - The most trusted PSU Wattage Calculator and it came out just under 750w. If I add a second R9 280X later, I would need to upgrade to a 1000w monster at that time (calculation came out just under 1000w, lol). I will obviously re-calculate if I decide to switch it up to that 290 as mentioned previously...

Comment

Originally posted by FBmantis View Post
                If your build can wait until the black friday timeframe then I would suggest not pulling the trigger on anything until then unless it is an absolute steal. Figure out your budget and then figure out multiple options for each component - then by black friday you should be able to score some decent deals. Sounds like your pretty much planning to do just that!
                Yeah that's pretty much what I was thinking, primarily because I won't have most of the cash set aside until then, but if something pops up that is an absolute steal between now and then, then yeah I am going to try and jump on it.

Some quick observations:

1. You have no motherboard listed in your spreadsheet. Typically you need to start there or at least second after picking CPU brand.
                Honestly I am a bit lost when it comes to picking a mobo. I was just reading up on the differences in chipset, after that I am not even sure what to look for other than quality. I mean, just find one with the number of PCI slots and features I am looking for? Research continues in this area. But yeah, I haven't even budgeted for mobo, so I just threw $150 in for that.

2. Do you need to buy Windows?
                No, I have a copy of Windows 7 Ultimate here that I plan to use in this build. Windows 8 is for the birds. I figure Redmond puts out a decent OS about every other try, lol.

3. Are you really going to spend $150 on a keyboard? I realize keyboards are very user specific so maybe you want a fancy mechanical one but if there was ever an area to pinpoint to save money that would be an easy target.
                I have no problem spending $150 on a keyboard, in fact I might even spend more. I want a good mechanical keyboard with lighted keys, perhaps even individually selectable lighted keys. I like to play in the dark for full immersion, I want to be able to see the keyboard, even in the dark. But also adjust brightness / turn it off if necessary.

I have been using a $6 keyboard forever. I am at a point in my life where I just want something nice for a change.

4. Do you have a microcenter nearby? They have amazing deals on CPUs/motherboards during the year.
                Unfortunately, no. And I must say that from all the good things I hear about MC that I am envious of those of you who do. :p But I am in Florida, to my knowledge they are not here yet, although maybe I should check their site. In my new job I will be traveling all over the state, maybe there is one in Orlando now or something, that I might not be aware of...

5. Case - it you really want that one you may want to buy it now. $20 coupon code expires 10/13 - $30 rebate expires 10/12. Personally I'd look at other options - it doesn't sound like you'll be doing watercooling so your probably paying a premium for "Compatible With Extreme Liquid Cooling Builds" that you won't make use of. Lots of quality cases in the $100 range that if you can find on sale could save ya some money.
                Damn, yeah you are right mantis. I would totally pull the trigger on that right now if I could spare the money. But I don't, so I can't. :( But yeah, I really do like that case. See comments in previous post @Acreo about that case.

You know man, for a long time I felt like you do, spending money on case and keyboard just seemed like such a waste of money to me. In fact, I have been re-using the same couple of cases for what seems like forever. lol There again, like the keyboard, I just want something nice for a change. I want a setup that looks great in my computer room that I can show off to people when they come over. I want to have something I can be proud of when those "post pics of your battle station" threads pop up. KnowwhatI'msayin? :)

In return for all of your contributions, I promise to return and post hardware porn of the setup when it's all finished. :p haha

6. Monitor wise - anything being reused from a current build? If your starting from scratch, $150 might be a bit low if you want something decent.
                Unfortunately, no monitors available to re-use. And yes I realize I might be a little low budget in this area. If I need to increase it, that's fine, haven't researched monitors yet.

OK, added some budget for motherboard and increased budget for monitor to $250. Updated sheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...Y3qmN8/pubhtml
                Last edited by Randy_Shughart_ClwFL; 10-12-2014, 06:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Shughart_ClwFL View Post
                  What don't you like about it? Just the look? Or are there bad fits? Or what?
                  Why I don't like Thermaltake's Current Cases

For the price they charge/ask for their midrange and upper range of cases, I figured there'd be extras included or some premium materials used. Nope, just more hard plastic. Don't get me wrong, I love plastic, but when your flagship case costs $300 and it's 80% plastic, it makes it a very questionable purchase when a competitor offers a full metal case with extras for the same price.

Case in point, the Thermaltake V71 you picked out. I actually have a Micro Center near me, so I had a chance many months ago to check out that exact case (along with their entire selection of displayed cases) and I did not walk away impressed enough to consider plopping down $150.

1. The bottom of the case is almost entirely made of plastic (reference: review -- scroll down to the last picture and read the text below that). Yeah, yeah, they are "feet" with rubber pads. In all honestly, why not have SPCC steel with the rubber pads? Why plastic? Befuddled me that the rest of the case is finished nicely in steel (even if it is SPCC steel -- basically a somewhat stronger alternative to aluminum).

Did I mention the feet are not replaceable? Most cases use standard feet so you can easily replace them if they crack (since most cases ship with cheap plastic feet). Not the case here. You get rubber-ish stick on pads and this seemingly one-piece plastic bottom. Meh.

2. The color combination. Why did they pick this rather bright (and somewhat obnoxious) baby teal/turquoise blue? Why not red, gray, white, or even just black? Again, I'm not seeing how they came to this color combo. Black and turquoise blue. I understand they want to be unique, but another color would have been better in my opinion. (I love blue, it is one of my favorite colors, but I am not in love with this combo of colors.)

3. Included fans are sleeve? (I think I remember them being sleeve fans.) If so, ewww! Quiet sure...until they die months to a couple of years in and make a racket or worse. Some of the premium cases I've seen include better fans (like fluid bearings, ball bearings, etc).

4. Vibration padding? Don't really see any. See: pic1. I think I see two little circular pads where the PSU rests on the metal (unless I'm mistaken and it's just indents/nubs in the metal). I bet the case might rattle given enough vibrations from other parts.

5. Side fans for GPU or lack thereof. This is a personal niggle for me. I'd like the option of having a side panel I could buy (or included) that lets me mount side fans to blow air into the GPU slot spaces. This I find can be quite important if you decide to have mutli-GPU setups and don't dust frequently. Tt only gives a single giant acrylic window. Looks nice, no side fans. Instead, you'll probably want to opt for some higher CFM (airflow) intake fans at the front of the case.

If I had this case, the very first thing I'd do is replace the stock fans (assuming they are indeed sleeve-type) with better fans with a higher airflow and that maintain a relative silence.

Alternative Cases

And since I did not offer alternatives... Here are some cases I'd look and research:

1. Silverstone RAVEN ($95 after $10 MIR)

I am a big fan of Silverstone cases, just was never a fan of their Raven line of cases. From its departure in placement and design for internal components to it's general asthetics, doesn't really appeal to me much. This current one seems to be better than its predecessors. At ~$100-$110 is the price I'd consider buying one at. If you find it for higher, look at another case unless it's design is a must for you.

Included fans I believe are Japan-made high quality dual ball bearing. Double check this.

2. Fractal R4 ($110)

Basically a improvement on my old Antec P180B (Performance One 2nd generation) case. One thing I did notice with the Micro Center display sample was how quickly the front fan door broke. I would have opted for metal hinges, but Fractal chose plastic swing hinges. Just be careful and don't out your frustration on it. Front fans are hard to take out if you can't fully open the front door.

Just like NZXT, Fractal uses Fluid Dynamic Bearing-type fans and in the same black-white two-tone favored by NZXT. They're nice and they blow a tad harder than NZXT's stock included fans, but don't seem to take overvoltaging to higher speeds (assuming these are even variable speed).

4. Lian Li 7HWX ($125)

The veritable name in aluminum cases. Nuff' said. Read reviews and look into their cases. I promise you will judge every case that features metal against it. They are premium and just that nice. Almost bought one for my current build, but didn't want to deal with the extra weight should I need to move mines.

5. Cooler Master Cosmos SE ($110 after $30 MIR)

Updated second release. Heavy, heavy, heavy! Oh and see those bars above and below? Yeah, those are cold rolled thick steel pipes that are integrated into the steel chassis. This thing rivals the Corsair 800 series of aluminum cases. Great if somewhat limited internal layout design. Filters and great fans included.

6. Corsair Graphite 730T ($140)

Did zero research on this. Looks cool. I think those feet are integrated and steel, but not sure. Probably typical Corsair quality in build at this price.

7. Lian Li A75 ($150)*

Puts your Termaltake V71 to shame. Full tower (I mean SOHO big). All aluminum/metal construction. Just typical great Lian Li build quality. This monstrosity will get people asking: "Dude is that a Lian Li? SWEEET!"

* This was my runner up alternative to my current Cooler Master Trooper case. I really like. Unfortunately with my parts in there, I wouldn't have the strength to carry it more than a few feet. :(
                  |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                  Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

2 Things:

H80i is my water cooler and it is very good at what it does. I can say that it is reliable and windows 7 will not give you trouble like windows 8.1 does.

I personally have an NZXT Phantom series full tower case. It is good, but it doesn't show you the insides, but a different model does. It is big and has numerous fans that can be manually controlled.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Monitor and keyboard both at 150$. Seems odd.

Comment

I've increased the budget on the monitor already, is that not showing up?

Thanks for all the input on cases Acreo. I'll look into Lian Lis and some of the other names you mentioned. But I kind of really wanted something with a large window on the side, to show off the quality components, lighting, and likely water cooling.

But going back to something you said earlier, what differences were you referring to between AMD and Intel? As I stated, I have always been an AMD guy, mostly because that has usually meant more bang for your buck in the past. But right now, I think the CPU I have listed is pretty hard to beat on a price/performance basis. But by all means, please aware me if I am missing something.

Comment

Simply put: Intel is great for business oriented apps and most games that favor a strong single threaded performance. AMD is great for multitasking and thread heavy apps and games. Then there's the price difference. Used to be about $200 gulf between the two platforms, but that has narrowed to around $100-$150 due to a slight increase in AMD board prices along with a drop in Intel hardware pricing.

In the end, AMD has about 80%-90% of the single threaded performance of Intel's chips, so you really are not losing much by going with AMD. You also gain a lot more multithread performance so you can try and bog down you system with a tons of running apps and not have to worry about your CPU being overcrowded. There's an added plus that you can hit a higher overclock on AMD's chips vs. Intel's (mainly because Intel's heat rises rapidly and runs a bit hotter).
                          Last edited by Acreo Aeneas; 10-15-2014, 11:32 PM.
                          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                          Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

CPU

I do tend to run numerous office apps and browser windows, etc. while doing productive work. But I would imagine any system near the specs that I am talking about would blow through that kind of stuff with ease. Which leaves gaming.

Now it is my understanding that most games are not coded to take full advantage of multiple cores/threads anyway. But I also know that is pretty game specific. I do play some pretty CPU intense games, chiefly among them Planetside 2 (probably 80%). And I feel I am going to be big into Star Citizen when it comes out (then it may become 40/40/10% PS2/SC/Other). And then I might play some ArmA III eventually, and looking forward to the new PR dev project Squad. Oh yeah, and Space Engineers looks pretty cool too. Just to give a smattering of some of the main titles I will be playing.

I guess what I am saying is I am still leaning towards Intel? I'll admit that I am probably not as up to it in as much depth as it sounds you are Acreo. In fact, I got most of my decision information from the monthly Tom's Hardware CPU (and GPU) charts. Insofar as CPU, their just seem to be diminishing returns beyond the i5-4690k that I have selected.

CASES

Dang, just when I thought I was pretty sure about the case I wanted. Haha! But it's all good though, rather get good info now than be disappointed later. Well, that's the purpose of this thread, right? :)

As superfluous as this may sound to some of you, I really would like a large window in the side of the case to show off the awesomeness within (imagine how good it is going to look with an all blue/black color scheme, lights, water cooling, and eventually a dual GPU setup...Oh yeah!). Other than that, just plenty of room, good build quality, well thought out ventillation, etc...

Comment

Antec makes some nice cases as well. I have two, one with a window.
                              |TG|Melee
                              Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...